(Closed) Bridesmaid gifts

posted 4 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 2
1250 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

You should shop for bridesmaids’ gifts as though you were shopping for their birthdays. So, if you think they would all equally enjoy a spa gift certificate, go for it! 

Post # 3
6815 posts
Busy Beekeeper

View original reply
malian :  It really depends on your group.  For me that’s too much, as are most bridesmaids gifts on this website – I wouldn’t feel comfortable accepting that amount of money from even my best friend (at the same time I spent slightly more on mine because I purchased their wedding clothes as their gift and let them keep their own cash).  For others it’s probably just right quantity wise.

Agree with poster above, shop for them as you normally would rather than trying to find a one-size-fits-all gift, unless they all really do love the spa.

Post # 4
47413 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think they would most likely enjoy a spa gift card. They could use it for any treatment they choose- massage, mani/pedi , facial etc.

The robes really don’t count as they are for your pics, so no, I don’t think you are overdoing it at $75.

Our Moms got ready at home with their husbands so didn’t need anything for the getting ready pics.

Post # 6
1066 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

I would try to shop for something a little more personal and individual. I don’t enjoy robes or the spa though 🙁 I guess if you are sure they would all love it, it would be ok. Maybe they all get gift certs and then something more personal too? That’s more than I will be able to spend per bridesmaid that’s for sure. 

Post # 7
23 posts
Newbee

Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts are so tricky! When you have 5+, it starts adding up fast. I picked out one piece of jewelry for each of my bridesmaids, something they could wear whenever they want (not necessarily for the wedding). Ex: I got this cool steampunk hairclip off Etsy for my friend who is really into Victorian/costume deisgn stuff. Then I got everyone a cute make up bag from World Market. I think a spa gift cert would be cool — I know I’d love one!

Post # 8
742 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
malian :  The girls are getting necklaces (from a local company that is very “IN” right now and I know they will all love -they don’t have to wear for the wedding, but I think most of them will- and wear again), leggings & oversized button down (which I know they will all wear again since it’s what we all live in basically), a non-wedding related tote and a bottle of their favorite liquor (for the flasks we have already given them). We’re also paying for their dresses, make-up, hair and lodging for 2 nights for them and their dates/husbands. 

The topic ‘Bridesmaid gifts’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors