Bridesmaid gifts

posted 2 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 31
2612 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017 - Valleybrook Country Club

Niki1 :  I think that’s perfectly fine. Honestly the gifts I’ve been given as a bridesmaid I have not used since. What I did for mine was purchased jewelry for (for wedding day, so doesn’t count…) and I also gave them a bag to carry essentials for the day of with a cute pin with each of their names, amini emergency kits with supplies I bought from the dollar store, flip flops,  as well as contigo 20oz  travel mugs. I had a friend who has one of those cool vinyl cutting machines print everyones name and we put teir names on the mugs. I actually found the mugs in 2 packs BOGO 1/2 off, so it was actually a last minute addition. 

For reference this is an exampple of the mugs https://www.target.com/p/contigo-174-snapseal-153-byron-stainless-travel-mug-20oz/-/A-14900031?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Dining+Shopping&adgroup=SC_Dining&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=c&location=9006656&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxeDuwfCk1gIVxLjACh2-OQqiEAYYASABEgLLS_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

My girls seriously use them all the time still and have told me how much they love these mugs. If your girls will be wearing heels and they are not avid heel wearers, I suggest buying them flip flops for dancing in! You can get them very cheap $2.50 at old navy or $1 at the dollar store.

Post # 33
6734 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2016

Am I the only one that sees no problem with getting them a mug and some coffee? Unless these women don’t like coffee…I don’t see what’s so bad about this gift. I’d actually be thrilled to get that as it’s something I would actually USE as opposed to a lot of other Bridesmaid or Best Man gift ideas that are just cutesy things with no purpose. Lots of people are suggesting cute tea boxes or tea infusers, etc. How is that different/better? 

Post # 34
249 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

llevinso :  Totally agree with you!

Niki1 :  If you want to do something more personalized, Charming Charlie’s website has a ton of cute stemless wine glasses, coffee mugs, trinket holders, etc. with fun sayings and different themes. Depending on your bridesmaids’ interests/humor you may be able to find some fun stuff there!

Post # 35
1737 posts
Bumble bee

llevinso :  I agree too. I also wouldn’t expect anything as a bridesmaid. Some people are making it seem like the gift is like a payment to the bridesmaids for standing up with you. I think that is getting away from the whole point of what a bridesmaid is.

Post # 36
403 posts
Helper bee

What about getting a caricuture done with some hand written encouragement words underneath it.  Place it in a frame.  Or on the frame idea – chinese caligraphy with a key word for them or their name?  

Buy or make them jewelry for their dresses? add a clutch?  Make sure you give a very personal note.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors