- 5 years ago
- Wedding: May 2014
Some brief background.
1. I don’t have a lot of girlfriends, I am a truck driver, I work 16 hours a day on most days. And I am not close to my only sister. I am not a foofy girl, but I intend to be the best bride I can be.
2. I have my 18 year old daughter as my maid of honor. Her 19 year old cousin (daughter of the sister I am not close to) as my only bridesmaid.
3. I chose my daughter because I want her to stand up for me. We have grown up together so to speak. I am not closer to anyone that I would even consider asking to stand up for me.
4. I asked her cousin, so that my daughter would have someone her age there so she wouldn’t feel left out. Everyone else in attendance is older, or she doesn’t know them.
5. I have paid for everything for my girls. To include: hair and make up being professionally done, two dresses each, all accessories that will be worn, shoes, alterations, lodging for three nights in a very upscale location, all of their food costs, and lodging for travel to the seamstress.
I find it exceptionally rude to get a text message from my bridesmaid (intended to go to her mom, my sister). That states how put off that she is because I asked her to drive a seperate vehicle 3 hours……to get their dresses altered!
Well excuse me? The problem seems to be that I asked this one small thing at the last minute. I would drive the fucking car myself, if I didn’t have to drive my work truck! You see…..some of us have to work. Even when it is not convienant, and some of us world our fingers to the fucking bone, so your selfish ass can be included in what will be an OTT weekend. And yes, some of us just would like it if you would lift a finger to help me plan, or even a simple thank you would suffice!
I would tell my daughter to drive, but she is a scary driver! And would wreck in city traffic!
I am so pissed! Then the guilt trip, well I might fall asleep. I have been having problems.
My thoughts? How about you stay your ass at home! How about you have done nothing to date to help me plan. And you have not contributed one dime to help pay for anything! How about if you don’t want to be included you just say so?
i am three months out. So angry over the selfish attitude! I am hoping the will be able to be helpful on the day of my wedding. I realize she is young……but seriously? Can you even just say thank you for all that I have done for you?
Am I being unreasonable?