- 5 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014
I have been engaged for 8 months, wedding is still 10 months away, and I can’t seem to decide who my bridesmaids should be. My fiancé only wants 3 on each side. I want to a decide before next year and I could use some suggestions. My fiancé has his brother as his best man, and his cousin and my brother as groomsmen. So far, his sister is also a bridesmaid, so that leaves me with two picks left :/ My fiance is not opposed to the sides being uneven, but it’s not his preference and honestly I agree. He also does not want to add people he is not that close with just to make it even.
Here are my choices:
1. I have three cousins that I am pretty close with. I am 90% sure I am going to ask my cousin who is closest in age to me, because in ways I feel closer to her and have known her the longest, obvi. And since I have no sisters this is my way of including family.
2. My friend from high school. Here’s the deal, I was her Maid/Matron of Honor but I feel like we have drifted in the last few years. Her wedding was 7 years ago and she is expecting baby #3 soon. Her sister is getting married 4 months before me and (I think) she is her sisters Maid/Matron of Honor. She also played a huge role in setting my fiancé and I up originally. I’m just concerned she will be too busy to be there for me, and I don’t know if I really feel that close to her these days.
3. My good friend from high school and former roommate. I really do want to pick her but I’m concerned because she is in the same circle as me and #2 and her twin. That’s right, how can I pick one twin and not the other? Plus they are both graphic designers and I plan on having them help with invites so in a sense they already have a ‘role’. I’m also worried if I pick #3, #2 will disown me. #2 can be very opinionated and I can see her being offended if not picked since I was her Maid/Matron of Honor. But, out of this circle of friend I shave known #3 the longest. Is this getting confusing?
4. My sister in law. I feel like this is a good option to stick with my finances all family wedding party.
5. My good friend from college. She is the one I hangout with the most these days, but I am unsure about picking her , even thought I feel like she would be very helpful to me.
Anyways, I know I’m probably overthinking this, but I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings… Any insight would be great.