Post # 1
I’m just wondering if I should get my BM’s something more personal for their gift. I’ve spent a good penny (and more the day of) but all of the things I’ve bought are pretty much to be used the day of. Here are the the things I will be paying for:
- Necklace and Earrings to be worn (25$)
- Flower for their hair (5$)
- Individualized silk screened tote (10$) (I picked a different one for each girl)
- Silk Robe and Flip Flops (to be worn while getting ready) (15$)
Here is what I’m considering to do for each Bridesmaid or Best Man:
- Maid/Matron of Honor – Custom apron showcasing our favorite dinner and a Gift set of makeup samples for Two Faced or a 3 month Burch Box
- Bridesmaid or Best Man 1 (who did my inviation calligraphy) – 75$ to Lululemon (who loves yoga and staring at the screen and never purchases anything.)
- Bridesmaid or Best Man 2 (who threw my bridal shower) – 25$ at Ikea (shes been redoing her room).
- Bridesmaid or Best Man 3 – Lush gift set, or 25$ to Williams and Sonoma (just got married).
- Bridesmaid or Best Man 4 – 25$ to Home Depot (who just closed on a house.)
My BM’s haven’t quite been the best BM’s so I really don’t feel super obligated to give them anymore than I have planned. That said I still love them all, but it would be nice to just save the money from the extras too… I do have the money, just wondering what do you bees think?
Post # 3
Wow – that’s super generous as is! Can I ask, where did you get the robe sets from?
Post # 4
The gift bags sound awesome.I would be overjoyed to receive them.I would skip the giftcards.
Post # 5
Wow that is very GENEROUS of you, considering they haven’t been the best. I would leave the gift cards out…what you have done already seems plenty enough and I would be very pleased with it.
Post # 6
Everything in the first gift bag is really about YOU and your wedding. Its part of their uniform, their look for the day, stuff to be worn for the getting ready pictures. So not really a gift for them in my mind.
So I am going against the grain and saying add in the other stuff that doesn’t relate to the wedding. But I would advocate for making the amounts more even. I don’t see why bridal shower hosting deserves less then calligraphy.
Post # 7
@andielovesj: I have to agree with Andie. The amounts seemed random to me and I might be offended if I were one of your bridesmaids. The rest of the stuff seems to be things you’re requiring.
Post # 8
You are being really generous to begin with, however I agree with the pp in all of the things are directly related to you, not as a thank you to the girls. I wouldn’t necessarily double the $75 gift, but I would give at least $50 to each girl.
Post # 9
i also agree with PPs, the first gift set is really generous, but are only directly related to things they need for the wedding, not things that are just gifts that aren’t necessarily needed for the wedding, i think add on the extras 🙂
Post # 10
The first set of gifts are for the wedding, so it’s for you, they are not “gifts”.
The extras are only for the girls, so they are the “gifts”.
Does that make sense?
Post # 11
I think you definitely need to do gifts in addition to the things that they need for the day of your wedding. I also don’t understand why you would be giving Bridesmaid or Best Man 1 a more expensive gift than Bridesmaid or Best Man 2, the calligraphy and the shower are both a lot of work.
Post # 14
Save the $$$ for the honeymoon for you and ur new husband to enjoy!