Post # 1
I’m going to be getting robes for my bridesmaids. I’ve seen a lot of different styles and was wondering what everyone prefers in terms of fabric and customization. So I thought I’d ask and see:
– Color: Our wedding colors are silver and orange. Which would you prefer? Or would you prefer a pattern?
– Length: Knee length or long?
– Fabric: silk, fleece, jersey or terrycloth?
– Customization: None, first name, or first initial
Post # 3
I’m not a fan of robes…BUT if I were to get one I’d prefer something short and very lightweight. Jersey, with a neutral color. Monogram would be cute but not necessary. Just my 2 cents!
Post # 4
- Wedding: October 2011 - Bed & Breakfast
1. Why do the robes for other people have to be in your wedding colors? These are gifts, not photo props. They should reflect the individual tastes of the recipients.
2. Choose a smooth fabric (no terry cloth, flannel, fleece, or anything else that is grabby). Otherwise the robe fabric can grab onto hairs and screw up both updos and down doos by roughing up the hair follicles and causing frizz.
3. I prefer knee length.
Post # 5
@lovekiss: They essentially are photo props – just ones they get to keep. : ) They don’t need to be the wedding colors, but I don’t want to get into “who got what robe for what reason” so I would like them all to match.
Post # 6
I would prefer silver, silk (or lightweight), knee length, and either my first initial or nothing on it.
Post # 7
I can’t stand robes, but if I had to wear one, it’d have to be short and cotton.. Silk makes me sweaty!
Post # 8
-Color: Silver, as I’m not sure how many people would really like an orange robe.
-Length: Knee-length. I feel like long robes would just get in the way
-Material: Personally, I think I’d like jersey or silk. Lovekiss does have a good point about the hair.
Post # 9
I think a silver/grey jersey type fabric – lightweight and definitely knee length would be what I would prefer. I even like it when the sleeves are a little shorter so it’s easier to move around without knocking things over in my bathroom. Is there a pretty orange and grey/silver floral? That would be nice, too!