(Closed) Bringing People Together: Bride’s Side & Groom’s Side

posted 8 years ago in Bridesmaids
Post # 3
1074 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Oh easy!  Once you get the proposal, throw an egagement party.  Perfect excuse to get everyone together without it seeming like you’re schemeing  on anything

Post # 4
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I am doing a wedding party party.

We are going to have everyone over that is walking together and the significant others so on our wedding day no body will be uncomfortable.  So fun!  I think a meet n greet is a great idea.

Post # 6
1074 posts
Bumble bee

Well…you don’t have to call it an engagement party.  But I do think having a get together is a great idea so that you all feel cohesive with each other and to illiminate any uncomfortable feelings between families.  I don’t think they would feel weird if you actually told them that you wanted a “meet and greet” event.  I think thats a great idea actually so that when they get there,they know what your intentions are.  Otherwise, in any other event, they may still be isolated, i.e. your friends are grouped together and his friends are grouped together.

Post # 9
1074 posts
Bumble bee

Sure you can Crazybee….is your birthday some time soon?  it’s going to be kind of hard for timing since you don’t know when he will propose and you want to have the party before that happens.

If Fiance questions why you’re inviting his friends, just tell him that you thought it was about time that both of your worlds should collide….i know that sounds corny.

Post # 11
1074 posts
Bumble bee

Well if there are going to be a lot of people, how about just a house party?  Like throw a bbq or something kind of less formal, to set the mood as being “casual and comfortable”

Post # 13
1074 posts
Bumble bee

haha thanks girl!

And good luck with the get together, keep me posted

Post # 14
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@crazybee were just inviting the wedding party and their loverssss  i mean, of course we k now everyone but i want everyone to feel comfortable with each other and i want the significant others to be comfortable as well because lets be honest some peoples’ S.O’s are immature and jealous……

Post # 15
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We just did a bridesmaids lunch yesterday.  Some of them haven’t met each other so I thought I’d take them out to lunch and it was a success.  You could do something similar, like a casual dinner or lunch for them 🙂

The topic ‘Bringing People Together: Bride’s Side & Groom’s Side’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors