- 4 years ago
- Wedding: October 2014 - Disney
So I am trying to decide on flowers. Honestly I love flowers, but I HATE CUT FLOWERS! I feel like they are an absolute waste and it drives me insane! I think flowers should grow in pots or the ground. So when I think about cut flowers I feel like this:
In addition to that feeling I am also having a Disney Wedding, which are not exactly cheap. I am also having everything outside on visible property which means my floral if real floral must come from disney. Well Disney will give me anything I want it will come at a cost, and frankly I just want jackolanterns, bling, and spiderwebs (halloween theme wedding). So now I am left feeling like this about the floral situation:
Which leaves me with yes I really do love brooch bouquets but they arent cheap either. So I could feasibly buy or make one and then do flowers for the rest of the group. However I still feel that cut flowers are an absolute waste. I could do little brooch bouquets for my ladies, and do brooch boutineres for the guys too. This may actually save us cost from Disney. However I’d like my bouquet to be personalized which makes me consider attempting to make mine and ordering the rest. The one issue with the brooch bouquets is I have to get them to disney which leaves me a little like:
So here are the questions:
1. Should I use cut flowers or no? If I did this it would be for the corsages, boutineres, and bridesmaids flowers. It would save on packing/shipping. The boutineres would look more uniform if everything was the same and I like when things match. I’m extremely matchy matchy.
2. Should I make my own bouquet? If so is there really cost savings? Is it hard to make? Or is my head just going to explode? *Note I am not super crafty, I have arthritic hands, but I did make silk flower boutineres reccently and I didnt die doing it!
3. Should I make all the bouquets? I really dont have a lot of time on my hands but again matchy matchy is an issue for me. I’m extremely OCD about things like this matching.
4. Should I make mine and order the rest?
5. Should I just suck it up and order them all? This would solve the matching issues, but I’m not sure if I could customize all the brooches the way I’d like to fit our theme.
Thoughts? Sorry for the cats, cats make my thoughts more clear.