Post # 1
Hey y’all. I’m just looking for a little input on our rough draft of a brunch menu. Are there any glaring holes? Does anything seem excessive? Is there anything you just LOVE at brunch that isn’t represented here?
The reception will probably start around 10:45/11:00. So… yeah:
– Banana Bread Pudding
– Rosemary Corn Scones
– Variety of Donuts (from the famous & local Voodoo Donuts)
– Balsamic Roasted Tomatoes
– Asparagus (possibly also B Roasted? Then they could be made/served in the same pan)
– Home-style potatoes
– Salmon (simple seasonings)
– Bfast Sausage
– Ham (or Bacon?!)
– Some manner of plain-ish egg scramble, probably just eggs + cheese.
– Brown Mushroom Gravy
– Kale Salad w/ O. Oil & Vinegar Dressing
IF we do a “horz doovers” time between the ceremony and reception, they will probably be:
– Nectarine & Mozzarella Skewers
– Mini Cinnamon Rolls
AND of course there will be bevs:
– [insert most affordable melon here] Agua Fresca
– Orange Juice
– Mimosa (did you see that one coming, ha ha)
– Variety of Bellinis (any favorites out there?)
All feedback much appreciated! :}
Post # 3
bacon is a must!! its way better than ham
everything else looks fine to me. id only miss beans (as i live in mexico and im really used to them haha)
id rather have cinnamon rolls/ croissants than a bread pudding i think
Post # 4
@newname_99: Yeah… most people would probably prefer bacon. My only thought is that ham can sort of be a “main dish”, as an alternative to the salmon.
As for the bread pudding… that’s basically just for me. I love it so much! It would probably be good to have some other bread on the side, like croissants. Thanks!
Oh, and – I was originally thinking of having baked beans on the menu as well… but then it just starts to be sooooo many different things!
Post # 5
I would def do bacon instead of ham. You also have a ton of starches, but none of the typical breakfast staples like pancakes, waffles, French toast, bagels, etc.
Post # 6
@BlondeMissMolly: Def. skipping the staples. People can go to IHOP after if they’re bummed. Ha ha ha.
& thanks for the bacon vote!
Post # 7
@makemake: I don’t eat any of those things but they are fan favorites and I would assume you might have them. But I would be more than happy with a donut (that I never eat because I have problems with gluten)! They’re my favorite food lol.