(Closed) Budget $5,000

posted 3 years ago in Money
Post # 30
1412 posts
Bumble bee

wedo422 :  great breakdown! However, her $1200 includes the caterer, DJ & bartender for 75 people. Let’s say the DJ and bartender only cost $300 together (wayyyy low) then $900 for 75 people is $12pp. Op- what kind of food are you getting for $12pp that includes plates, cups & silverware?!!

Post # 31
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017

knickergold :  

I understand it includes all 3 🙂 I was merely referencing sunnierdaysahead2’s comment stating: ‘If $1200 was your cost alone for catering that’s $16/per person, which is incredibly low.’

As far as a $900 food budget for 75 guests, we have a few “affordable” catering companies in my city. One popular choice is a nice grocery store chain that does catering (I’ve used them for work events). An few examples of catering prices might include:

• Picnic (hamburger or hot dog, bun, chips, cookie, assorted pop/water) $6.99pp
• Taco Bar $7.99pp
• BBQ Buffet (1 meat, 3 sides, buns/rolls/or cornbread) $8.99pp
• Dinner (one entree, i.e. herb roasted chicken, 3 sides, rolls, butter) $9.99

All buffets include standard table service. You can upgrade to include premium table service ($1pp), china place settings, servers, extra meats/sides, appetizers, etc.

Total: With standard service, anywhere from $524.25 to $749.25 + $10 delivery charge. Plus any applicable taxes or gratuity.

This grocery store also sells cakes & floral arrangements. Cake prices start at $3/serving, even cheaper if you supplement w/ sheet cakes. $25 for cake carving.

It may not be super fancy, but it can be done (esp depending where you live).

Post # 32
2924 posts
Sugar bee

wedo422 :  I live in Chicago, where everything is expensive and our entire state is in a budget crisis. undecided  You could probably do a food truck or catering from a local restaurant at that price but to have it at an actual hall, it costs much more.  Trust me, I’ve been looking.

Post # 33
32 posts
Newbee

sunnierdaysahead2 :  I bet it does! I visited Chicago last summer & it was pricey. I’m originally from STL (living in KC now). An actual hall is waaaay out of our price range too. That’s why we had to go the less traditional route.

Post # 35
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

Op, it sounds like you’re doing pretty great so far! Ps. I would recommend Sam’s or Costco for the flowers, if you wanna diy with some naturals! 

k8goeslz :   courtneysokal :  Depends on your area, but my DJ is 595 for 5 hours (including karaoke equipment too) and my photographer is 500 for 6 hours. I get all my pictures too and editing on my top choices. He did my sister’s wedding and my cousin’s and they were both very happy and pictures came out beautiful! I think it depends on how picky you might be too. 

Post # 38
656 posts
Busy bee

smithtowindham :  my sister bought her linens and chair covers online. Spent about 220 for everything for 50 people and will likely now sell them and recover cost. They were great quality too, so maybe look into something like that. 

Post # 40
671 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

MissDevourer9 :  I guess I’ve only ever looked at NY prices where 500$ would only get ceremony photos (2hours) from a low end. Here a mid range photorgrapher is more like 800-2000 :/ 

OP this post is starting to make me wish we had a designation wedding in NC ;)! 

Post # 42
653 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

smithtowindham :  With the flowers, creck out Sams club as well.  My mom found a package for 500 that would cover all the flowers, including centerpieces.  

Post # 43
656 posts
Busy bee

k8goeslz :  Oh yeah, coworker is from NY. Ended up getting married in Tuscany! It was cheaper to do wedding and honeymoon there! NY prices are crazy from what I have seen here!

Post # 44
1214 posts
Bumble bee

smithtowindham :  linentablecloth.com. Great quality and they regularly have 20% off sale prices. I was able to resell all of my linens.

The topic ‘Budget $5,000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors