(Closed) Budget $5,000

posted 5 years ago in Money
Post # 46
2229 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

View original reply
smithtowindham :  Are you buying alcohol or is the bartender serving the softdrink?

Post # 48
687 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I had a beautiful wedding for just about $5K in Bristol, RI. It can totally be done! We got married on a Saturday at 11 am at an outdoor chapel in a state park where we had views of the water and held the reception under a giant gazebo (I think there is technically another name for it) that was a catered brunch, which included everything, linens, flatware, dishes, cups, etc. We did not do alcohol because it wasn’t allowed in the park, but my Mother-In-Law threw us an “after party” at her house with champagne, wine and beer. Photography was gifted to us by one of my Brother-In-Law, another Brother-In-Law played the mandalin for music going down the isle, I got my wedding dress (which was beautiful and had amazing details) for $60! We bought my husband a suit. Our wedding rings, mine is a diamond eternity ring. We played lawn games and had an Italian soda bar. Our cake was gorgeous from a local baker and I made my own salt water taffy favors. I made my own decorations. Center pieces, my bouquet, boutonnieres, flower girl, and Mother-In-Law pins were from a local Etsy business and they were all paper pinwheels as I don’t like flowers. 

I wish I had pictures on this laptop, but I don’t and it was 3 years ago so exact costs have left my mind. 

Post # 49
96 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

ou can have a budget wedding if you sacrifice some things.  We spent about $20,000 altogether on our wedding, which is cheap for our area. We didn’t do videography.  My photography was $800 (and it showed), my dress was $250 off the rack, my Mother-In-Law paid for flowers. My parent’s  gifted me $5000. We had our ceremony at the plumber’s union hall where my uncle is a member…so we got a discount and paid $63 per head (open bar, coctail hour, ice sculpture, buffet, sweets, cake all included. We had about 200 family & friends attend.

The ceremony was held in the atrium of the hall for an extra $500, which seated 75 (the rest stood).  The atrium was beautiful and we were married in front of the stone waterfall.  We did not have wedding party transportation to the pictures which were at my aunts house on the river (most places charge for a permit).  

We did have a hotel and paid for shuttle service because I didn’t want anyone drinking and driving, but because the hotel screwed up my room, I was reimbursed for everything.   Another cousin is a licensed cosmetologist and did my hair and makeup. She is also a trained opera singer, so she sang the Ave Maria at our ceremony. 

I ordered favors online. I skipped STDs and used Facebook group message to announce the date.  I got cheaper, but classy, invitations online half price with a groupon.  My jewelry was etsy.

Our DJ was a family friend who did a fantastic job.

My children were all groomsmen and we had a big wedding party, so we got 2 tux rentals free.  

It was a great day and everyone is still commenting that it was the best wedding they ever attended and had so much fun.

Post # 51
242 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
smithtowindham :  

My budget is 5k for my wedding also. I do live in a small town. we getting married at a park over looking a lake for free.

My father is cooking our BBQ food. so pulled pork,pulled chicken,potato salad, corn on the cob,salad,baked beans. 

our reception is in a community hall so it will be 50 dollars to rent it and we get that back. it has long style tables like at school . i am just putting some mason jars on them and getting some paper pales and cups and look nice. we doing food buffet style. 

my dress i feel in love with is 2k but im trying to find it used online for cheaper. 

flowers i love will cost 2.5k so going a different route with that and picking a cheaper way. I was going to DIY them from fiftyflowers but still to much for my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquet, 10 table jars, and a arch. unless i just did a little bit on top of the arch and not the bottom part that holding the logs.

Our rsvp cards,invites, and  envelope liners with envelopes for 45 dollars. We are having 150 people.

my friend who does amazing photography and weddings normally charges a few grand but im getting a dvd of photos  for the whole wedding and reception plus everyone getting ready and before for just $250!

one of my bridesmaids is making my cake im just buying  the items to make it . shes also getting chairs from her church so i can have seats at my ceremony at the park. 

for food prices this is the break down of that:
65 lb of chicken $115- 84lb of pork roast$108 – 50 lb of potatoes $16- 30 lb of salad $60- 80 corn on the corns(breaking them in half to be smaller ones so there will be 160 of them) $70 – Punch mix 8.5 gallons $7 – Lemonade mix  8.5 gallons – $7 – water $0-  BBQ sauce- $45 mayo and celery for potato salad – $18 – Dinner Rolls -$42. so under $500 for food  not with plates,cups, and silverware yet. 

I haven’t calculated the cake cost yet but i am thinking that will be around 40-60 for everything to make it . i already have all the pans for it. 

the music we are using a computer with download music or something like iheart radio .

hair and makeup  everyone is doing for themseleves.

i am thinking i am not doing to do favors but if i do i am goign to make some jelly and apple butter .

Not my photo but someone took in my town , its the community center .

Post # 52
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

View original reply
smithtowindham :  I live in the Upstate in SC and I’m shocked at those prices.  Where do you live?!

Post # 53
416 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Getting married in NC and we’re getting our cake from Publix (not sure if yall have them in SC too). We’re getting a 3 tier cake (top tier carrot cake, middle tier chocolate and vanilla marble, bottom tier red velvet) and a sheet cake (vanilla) for the back. For 120 people it came in around $260ish (including delivery). Def would be cheaper for you since you’re having less people. We couldve cut costs even more by doing all sheet cakes and doing single small round ones instead of tiered. They were great and the cake is good—highly recommend them!

Post # 54
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

You can do it for that. Here’s the thing you don’t have to do everything thing down to traditional style. My wedding literally will be beautiful. Will be 5000 flat. Including attire, flowers, music, food, wedding planner, vintage theme wedding decorations. And nothing looks cheap. Everything just came through for us. 

The key is to shop around. Don’t need to look to impress everyone. Do what you can afford. If you can’t afford a DJ, then rent a speaker and use a iPod. Flowers and cake go through your grocery store. Have some family help. Shop around for wedding planners starting out. All that matters is you two will be celebrating your gift GOD gave you two. 

Post # 55
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

View original reply
mrsHankins :  

love be the dress!

Post # 56
2552 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

You can do it. I’m doing my wedding with a goal budget of under $1000

Post # 57
216 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
nykkee :  Wow, I would love to see you do a post about that!

Post # 58
2552 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

View original reply
mermaidlagoon :  I plan to do one with a price breakdown and explanations for those prices once everything is totally finalized, my fiance still needs to book an officiate so I don’t have a price for that yet, but I’ve written everything else down as I go so that I will be able to share how I planned it on here, and I’ll likely share photos after the wedding (in May) as well. ☺

Post # 59
727 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018 - Farm

I live I Rock Hill, South Carolina. Our budget is 5k and we are looking at roughly 80 people. The Dj is $200, the caterer is charging 700, photographer/videographer is 600 together. The cake/cupcakes will be $250. My dress was only $115 bought it online, shoes $70, no veil, diy’ing ceremony and reception decor, groom’s attire $115 for his suit. He still has to buy shoes. Flowers girl dress and shoes $60.00, invites hobby lobby $30, save the dates $10.00, not having a rehearsal dinner,  rentals tent, tables. Chairs $1,000,  porta potties $600. For our honeymoon we are going to the mountains groupon deal.  The décor for the wedding I’ve purchased on clearance roughly $350.00 I purchased lanterns for $1.50 each on clearance at Lowe’s a yr. Ago. I purchased all table linen online. I also purchased the dinnerware as well. I know I’m missing a few things. 

Post # 60
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
beverly579 :  Looks good, but I was surprised the chairs are your biggest expense?!

The topic ‘Budget $5,000’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors