Post # 1
Anyone been or is going to be a budget bride and wants to share some ideas with me?
Here are some of mine;
I have booked my venue, at only $300 for the whole weekend, it’s a scout camp that comes complete with cabins, showers, toilets, electricity, kitchen and even the kitchen sink!
I have decided to cater my own wedding, I have been buying meat on special and putting it in the deep freeze, the small cost doesn’t add much to my weekly shop and it is really adding up in my freezer
I am enlisting the cooking skills from family members, my Future Sister-In-Law is making my cake as a present
I found a local beauty therapist who does photography as a hobby. I am getting mine and my three bridesmaids hair and make up, as well as photos for $490
I am loving the reduced to clear shelves at my local supermarkets, I recently got 100 plastic plates and hundreds of forks and knifed for $4. I also nabbed five boxes of wedding bubbles, 20 in each for $1.50 a box.
I want heaps of fairy lights and with a February wedding, I’m going to grab heaps in the week after Christmas at about 75% off if previous years are anything to go by
I am getting married in the stinking hot summer of outback Australia, so I got a beautiful white summer dress from a department store for $30
I found a fabric shop that sells tulle at $10 for 90 metres
Wow, there are probably more I can’t think of… but I hope my ideas help someone!
Post # 2
Doesn’t sound like you need ANY help. I’m impressed.
Post # 3
- Wedding: May 2015 - Walnut Hill Bed & Breakfast
Not as “budget” as you are being… but here are some of the ways i’m reducing costs.
For save the dates, menus, programs, place cards, etc – I’m printing them myself at home. I bought a pack of various shades of purple card stock at Michael’s on sale for $2. It has 50 sheets and I plan to do the layouts so that I can print several of each on a sheet.
For centerpieces I’m using various glass bottles that I’ve collected from alcohol, tea, soda, soy sauce, hot sauce, dressings, syrup. All kinds of things That I buy anyways. I just wash them & take the labels off and then I am painting them (i bought the paint at michaels with 50% off coupons). You don’t even recognize what they were once they’re painted!
I’m ordeing the flowers to put in the bottles from Sam’s Club/Costco. Which is a lot cheaper than getting them from the florist $1/daisy instead of $5/daisy. I wanted to DIY the bouquets but my mom didn’t want to.
I hoping to DIY my veil from the fabric cut off from heming my dress. If there is enough… I’m short & I don’t want a long veil so I’m crossing my fingers!
I’m wearing the diamond jewlery my fiance has bought me over the years instead of buying new stuff just for the day.
Post # 4
I’m making my own veil. I got a really pretty hair comb on ebay and I found several tutorials on pinterest on how to make a veil. I’m also going to teach myself how to embroider tulle to add some embroidery to the veil.
Post # 5
I’ve made a list of all the DIY supplies I need and every time I’m near a Michaels or Joann’s I buy only one thing, using the always present 50% off one item. Sometimes the savings is small but it’s adding up!
Post # 6
I’m making some giant crepe roses as centre pieces & aisle decor (~$6 for supplies and 2hrs each), boutinnieres and corsages will be DIY w/ tissue paper flowers.
Invitations are self designed, to be printed by staples. I’m going to borrow a pair of fancy heels from a Bridesmaid or Best Man, and wear my mom’s jewelery.
Post # 7
- I got my hall from a hotel that no longer uses their banquet facilities so I am getting all of the rooms (5) for $400
- my nana is making my veil
- centerpiece vases are .96 cents each (still working on flowers)
- plan on having a local chinese food restraunt prepare the food at lunch portions to cut down price by half (which are still huge bc dinner is full two meals for me)
- making my own std and inivtes
- im making my own fake the cake
- my mother does excellent photography so she will be doing our engagment pictures
- I am considering making the flower girls those adorable tulle dresses that are all over etsy
- was planning on doing my own make up but fiance thinks I should take advantage of the day and have it done so undecided on that
- found a bulk tulle shop that i plan on using to drape the walls and ceilings with for hardly anything even being such a large hall ( i dont have the number on hand right now)
- I am doing my own flowers for everything
My splurges will be my dress ( i had a budget set but, then my mom told the lady bring her anything and i fell in love with a more expensive dress then planned but she agreed to aplit cost with me if i tried it on) and photography bc when all is said and done pictures are what I will have to hold on to for years to come