(Closed) Budget brides with dresses under 1000!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
2065 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@auburnfan009:  Aw thank you πŸ™‚ It’s an Oleg Cassini, CWG365. Mine is champagne with an ivory overlay. I honestly didn’t know what to expect when I went into DB, but my consultant was AMAZING and he had this one picked out first for me. It was the last one I tried on and it made one of my bridesmaids cry, so I bought it right there!

Post # 18
118 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Prices also vary by location. Depending on location you can get some Maggie Sottero gowns for under $1000. I live in West Palm Beach fl got a quote for $1,050 but I know another bride on here that got hers for $900. So if its worth it I may look to order out of state and then have alterations done locally. Just an idea for brides on a budget.

Post # 19
2853 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

See about purchasing a sample if you’re stuck on a designer. I scored my Casablanca at well under $1K as a sample, and it was in pretty good shape.

The dresses I tried on at DB were lovely and awesome, but I felt a lot more support under the casablanca dresses I tried on. This isn’t to knock DB dresses, or the other “boutique” designer dresses that I felt the same way about, it’s just what I found I was comfortable in.

Post # 21
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

$ 450 πŸ™‚ 

Post # 22
23589 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Mine was roughly $875 after discounts ($1020 before):

Post # 23
339 posts
Helper bee

Someone else mentioned looking for a sample in a slightly more expensive designer…I also want to add preowned to the suggestion!  I got my Maggie Ambrosia on ebay for $900 (The girl said it cost her $2300).  It just needs cleaned and maybe slight alterations!

Post # 24
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Post # 25
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

got the above dress for 845.. brand new

it allure 2302

Post # 26
3501 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2002

Mori Lee 1612 is $880

Post # 27
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2012

This is my allure dress that I got for $850 and I got an almost $200 veil for free when I bought it. 

Post # 28
2280 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

My sister got her Jasmine wedding dress for….wait for it….SEVENTY DOLLARS.

By buying it at the Salvation Army.

Fits like a glove. The only alterations it needs are tightening up the straps.

You never know about places like Salval, you could be surprised! (My sister has always been really, really thrifty, so it wasn’t surprising to the family when she found this. My outfit, on the other hand, cost over 2K…Yell)

Post # 29
3361 posts
Sugar bee

I am so happy to see these posts ! It makes me feel good to know there are amazing dresses tat dont cost a fortune ! Thank you all for sharing πŸ™‚ 

Post # 31
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I went out with the same budget as you. Casablanca and Allure have some that will be under a $1000. The Casablanca I considered was only $840. But the most dresses I found by a designer that were under a $1000 that I liked was Mori Lee. She has a lot of great dresses at a great prices. The one I almost bought was $699. Sadly though I went out of my budget when I fell in love with my Maggie dress (thankfully only a few hundred dollars over). So good luck, there are plenty of gorgeous gowns out there that are under your budget.

The topic ‘Budget brides with dresses under 1000!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors