(Closed) Budget brides with dresses under 1000!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
1695 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

My dress was $600 w/a discount bringing my total to $500! I don’t have pics right now, but it’s Mori Lee also.  I love LOVE Mori Lee gowns!!

Post # 33
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

Mori Lee – $550!

Post # 34
1271 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

mine is a demetrios.  i paid $932 for it.  i think it was marked like $1080 or something, but they knocked off 15% and threw in free alterations if i paid in full that night.  no sales tax…there’s no sales tax on clothing in MN.  (w00t!)  it was a real score for me, since this dress is closer to perfect than i thought i’d ever get (although not quite…i would have preferred a satin gown witha slightly different back, but a blue dress was more important than that), and i wanted to keep it less than $1K including alterations.

i think the taffeta and satin gowns from this line come in white, ivory, platinum, gold (which i think is more like what most lines call “champagne”), a pale pink color, and grey-blue (the color i got).

model pic…i’m dispensing with the goofy jacket and the pinned-on roses at the hip.  i’m also debating whether or not to leave the skirt as is, or remove most of the crinny, slim the skirt, and shorten the train to more of a sweep train rather than the current chapel train.

in blue, on me (excuse the wrinkles, it was fresh from the bag):

Post # 35
4346 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Mine is preowned. I got it for $500 and the seller originally paid 1200 + alterations for it (she also paid 150 to have it professionally dry cleaned and preserved).

Post # 36
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Mine is Mori Lee 4202.  The dress itself is around $675 + tax. 

Post # 37
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

$620 with alterations from DB

Post # 38
6890 posts
Busy Beekeeper

$749 at David’s Bridal

Post # 39
78 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@Minutiae:  That’s awesome! I would totally wear a dress from the SalVal but am def not as lucky in finding deals and she is 😉

Post # 40
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Maggie Sottero Anniston $889… I am inlove iwth sorry I dont have nay pics of me actually in it

Post # 41
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
@thennic:  This dress is so gorgeous on you, and I LOVE the pockets!

I got my dress for $60 shipped and I’m completely in love with it. I am not super picky about dresses, though, which helps when bargain shopping–I think i could be equally happy in a dozen different dresses.

Post # 42
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

J Crew Arabelle. I got it for $432 shipped (had a coupon code for 25% off.) Right noow its on sale for $450.

j. crew arabelle gown

Post # 43
886 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Jasmine Couture ball gown for $50 shipped on eBay:

All it needed was a $35 hoop skirt and some alteration to the straps. Yay eBay!

Post # 44
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Double post

Post # 46
110 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

View original reply
@runschicago:  beautiful dress!  Do you have a photo of yourself in it?  I want to see!

The topic ‘Budget brides with dresses under 1000!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors