(Closed) Budget brides with dresses under 1000!

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Dress was originally $1800 got it used in perfrect condition with alterations for $1000!!!!

Post # 48
2541 posts
Sugar bee

About $750 before taxes. It’s a Da Vinci T8109

Post # 49
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@auburnfan009 the style number is PK3226 in soft white.

Post # 51
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

David’s all the way. I agree you should have the bridal experience because the David’s I went to had terrible service but in the end I got my dream lace dress for $399.00! I have a friend who got her “dream lace dress” for $1000.00 marked down from somewwhere else and I know my sister-inlaw bought her “dream dress” for nearly $4000!  I don’t have a picture yet, I tried it on in a size 12 and ordered a size 2 so after the 18th (my fitting), I’ll have pictures. It was so cheap because it was discontinued! Go on there website after you figure out what style you want and call you local store with the dresses you want. Everyone is happier when you are ogranized. So when you get there, you already know that they have the dresses you want to try on in the sizes you want and I’m sure you can find something!

Post # 52
252 posts
Helper bee

I’m wear Wtoo Carmen. It was $780 pre alterations. I was really in love with a lot of their gowns and they were reasonably priced.

Also, @thennic: I LOVE your dress. 

Post # 53
50 posts
Worker bee

DB Absolutely new Oleg Cassini 160 $  (not me on the pic thou)

Post # 54
177 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@atalante:  I second the sample sale route.  Where I live, there are a couple stores that sell only sample gowns, usually ranging in size from 6-14.  Most regular bridal stores will also have a few (or more) sample gowns for sale. 

I ended up buying my sample dress at a store that was going out of business.  I highly suggest looking for a store that is going out of business.  At most stores, samples were 15-50% off.  Since this store was going out of business, most dresses were 75% off.  I got my Simone Carvalli gown for $650 (originally a $2500 gown.)

Post # 55
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I also had a budget of $1000 firm – as far as the stores knew – I was secretly willing to go up to 1250. I ended up getting a brand new Casablanca gown for $715 including taxes. It also included a 15% discount for paying in full that day.

Post # 56
265 posts
Helper bee

$750  Sincerity Bridal 3606

Post # 57
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

See if you have any bridal consignment shops near you. I went to one in Denver (the only one I have ever found!) and it was awesome. I got my dream dress, Maggie Sottero Ambrosia, for only 1000+75 in taxes. That dress is normally like 1500+. It was BRAND NEW. They got it from a bridal shop that didn’t want to carry last year’s style anymore. Awesome way to get an awesome deal while not compromising what you want!

Post # 58
549 posts
Busy bee

This isn’t an option anymore but I got my dress at Filene’s Running of The Brides back in 2010 (our wedding was supposed to be in 2011 but we had to postpone it).  I paid $699 for a $4235 Rivini (Rochelle) and the alterations will only cost me $165. I have to get it cleaned so I think I’m going to come in right at $1000.

Post # 59
1756 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Mine was Mori Lee 4514 and cost around $600. The strap was detachable.

Post # 60
10 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Hey! Saw a link to this post from another one but here is what I just bought YESTERDAY (and I miss it already)

I found a family owned shop in California.

I am paying $872 including a rush. Unknown price for alterations yet but I will need them since I am a shortie 

Dress is a Moonlight Bridal Gown J6190

-Jeanine-

The topic ‘Budget brides with dresses under 1000!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors