(Closed) “Budget” Dress Shopping in NYC (~$1,000)

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1871 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Yes–Nicole Miller.

Post # 4
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yeah Kleinfelds starts at $1500 I believe. Glad you found some places!

Post # 5
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Wow!  Thank you for this!  I am in a very similar situation that I don’t want to spend tons of $$ for my dress (probably also stay under $1,000) and DO NOT want strapless, so I’m worried that will limit my options.  I wish I could bring more ideas to the table, but Lovely Bridal looks very promising! 

Darn that TLC show that makes Kleinfeld’s seem like the center of the bridal world and warping your brain to think that $3,000 is a drop in the bucket!  Arg, we’ll show ’em!  Thanks again!

Post # 6
4 posts
Wannabee

pronovias. mine was 1000

Post # 7
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’ve been doing some web searching with a similar budget in mind (and I also want straps!), and Saja dresses seem to come in under $1000, generally.  Also Jenny Yoo and J. Crew.

Post # 9
7975 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

I went to RK Bridal when I was visiting a NYC friend, and also loved it! I almost bought my dress there 🙂

Post # 10
699 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

@yumcheese: Did you talk to Designer Loft about sample dresses?  I haven’t been dress shopping yet so I really have no idea, but I got the impression from their website that they have a lot of samples to sell off, and there are quite a few dresses on preownedweddingdresses.com that I suspect are theirs. 

Looking forward to checking out Lovely when I do start shopping.

Post # 11
7387 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Thanks for sharing your tips. I agree Kimera is fab. I put down a deposit for knee lenghtht dress when I was going to have small wedding, but my plans are currently in flux.

Post # 12
661 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I second Pronovias.  My dress was only $825.

Post # 13
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

i went to Nicole Miller in NYC and it was a great experience! the saleslady was awesome. most of the dresses were under $1000, a few were pricier.

Post # 14
1932 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

@yumchesse:

I actually went to Bridal Reflections on fifth avenue and LOOOOVED it. The lady that worked with me, her name was Victoria, was soooooo nice. Like incredible. Really. I went to about ten different shops and by far she was the best consultant I’ve ever met.

But you are right, they’re a designer store, so their prices run high. I didn’t get them a budget when I went in, and made a mistake, fell in love with a dress way out of budget. But they were so helpful in trying to get the dress down to a price I could afford, by the end they had cut the price nearly in half! haha. They were awesome. I cried at how sweet they all were. For those who can afford to spend +1000 I HIGHLY recommend visiting Bridal Reflections.

Here’s the dress:

Post # 16
1932 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2008

thank you, I loved it too! I was heartbroken that I couldn’t get it 🙁 

It’s made by St. Pucchi, all her dresses are so exquisite!

The topic ‘“Budget” Dress Shopping in NYC (~$1,000)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors