- 8 years ago
- Wedding: December 2010
I have read so many posts from ladies wondering what to budget for and what is a “good price”. My Fiance and I originally thought we could do our wedding for $15k. It is now a whopping 35k wedding. There were so many things I under estimated and didn’t account for. We were able to afford the overage (FI got laid off yesterday so the oh I wish we eloped is really kicking in), but in most cases you have a budget because you don’t have the extra. Here are few things I forgot about. I just thought maybe I could help someone else.
– Venue charges and extras – Vendor meals, 24% 6% sales tax and 18% gratuity not included in plate charge
-My dress it was $1,200 but after alterations, taxes, storage fees, and the undergarments, the dress is $2,100 (this was my biggest shocker)
– Accessories and not just for me – Shoes, veil, jewelry, pocket square, collar stays, cuff links
– Stationary, I budgeted for invites but forgot save the dates, table numbers, frames for table numbers, place cards, programs, and POSTAGE!!!
– Venue decorations not the florist stuff but other things – aisle decor, bathroom baskets, card holder, chargers or overlays, guest book, guest book pen, guest book table decorations,
– DIY I am crafty but I didn’t think about the extras, glue, paint, stamps, wax, fancy pens, the stuff you waisted during testing. It’s insane if you really track how much you spend on this stuff that really isn’t budgeted
– Welcome hotel bags – we have 21 couples coming from out of state
– Rehearsal Dinner – the dinner itself didn’t even think about it, the dress for this
– Hair – remembered to budget for hair and makeup but not for trials
– Totally under estimated the candy buffet this is not cheap at all
– Passports for honeymoon
– Parents gifts
– Groom’s cake
– I forgot wedding bands which is silly I know, but I forgot it.
– Gifts for eachother. If you are really getting eachother something it should be in the budget. You won’t just have the extra money for presents if you’re budgeting
I just feel like someone should tell you the truth. LOL!!!