(Closed) Budget honeymoon ideas please ($1000.00 not including plane tickets)

posted 4 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 47
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Are you outdoorsy at all? My fiance and I have done quite a few roadtrips around the National Parks (Yellowstone/Glacier, Grand Canyon/Zion/Bryce, Arcadia/Green/White Mountains). Scenery and hikes make great memories at great value if you’re up for tenting or KOA’s have cheap cabins if you prefer a bed.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  kkwa.
Post # 48
1150 posts
Bumble bee

josephine16:  Thats what I said too!  We spent 6 nights on a small island in Mexico last month and paid about a hundred bucks a night too including breakfast and bike rental.  Lunch & Dinner was between $8-$25!  Super cheap trip!  The hotel you stayed at looks really nice, we might try Mujeres next time.

Post # 49
901 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

tiffany7:  There is TONS more to do at Disneyworld than go on rides. When I was there, I never went on a single ride in Epcot….spent the whole day eating and drinking alcohol in each of the worlds. I *wished* I spent a whole day at Downtown Disney…only spent half a day there and I feel like I only experienced 1/6th of it. 

You can go golfing/mini-golfing, you can go on boat rides, there are horse and carriage rides at certain hotels….and of course they have GREAT restaurants there. 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by  letterstolove.
Post # 50
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

passthepeas:  Cannot recommend it enough! Feel free to send me a message if you want more travel tips for Isla Mujeres 🙂

Post # 51
5113 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2014

tiffany7:  I came here to suggest New Orleans and I’m happy to see that several people already have!

We just did our delayed honeymoon in New Orleans last month and it was wonderful and pretty cheap, definitley under $1000, though we did drive (about 9 hours one way for us). We found our hotel deal on Groupon (it was around $70 a night in the French Quarter), as well as Groupons for some of the food food and the tours. We brought our car, but never used it while we were there. If you flew, you could easily just get a cab from the airport and spend the rest of your trip walking if you stay in the French Quarter.

New Orleans has so much more than partying. The history is facinating and they have many awesome walking tours where you can learn about the French Quarter history, we actually did two because we liked the first one so much. The food is amazing and the street music is incredible. HUge brass bands just playing on the street. We do drink, but we’re not party people, seeing Bourbon St all lit up was really cool too. If you love French culture, New Orleans is the way to go!

Since you mentioned Montreal- I haven’t been in years, but I’d probably save a Montreal trip for summer, honestly, but I hate cold. I went in February and it was miserable cold. Montreal was pretty cool though, you don’t need to speak French to go there, most people know and use English. I’d take New Orleans over Montreal though.

Post # 53
1412 posts
Bumble bee

Go to skyscanner.com, put in your home airport and for destination put ‘everywhere’- it’ll give you a list of approximate prices for tickets- pick 5 places and then see which of those can fall in the budget.

Post # 54
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

My fiance and I are going to New York City! We are using AirBnB, and planning on doing mostly free things throughout the city. Neither of us has ever been, and we love to just walk and explore, so we’re really excited! Plus the place we’re renting has a full kitchen (because it’s just someone’s apartment!) so we’ll save money by preparing a lot of our own meals rather than going out to eat. We’re also asking people to primarily donate to our honeymoon fund rather than buy us gifts because we already live together and we will be moving soon, so we don’t want/need a bunch of new items to pack up. 

Post # 55
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

Sorry, just read that you don’t want to do NYC. I would still recommend using AirBnB though! Unbelievably low prices and usually they have full size kitchens

Post # 56
142 posts
Blushing bee

Colorado is beautiful you could get a cabin or something near Estes park. It’s a cute town with beautiful scenery connects to Rocky Mountain national park. 

Post # 57
81 posts
Worker bee

Bus tickets are REALLY cheap! Go to Mall of America or NYC! Or go to Niagra Falls 🙂 

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  punchberry. Reason: typo

The topic ‘Budget honeymoon ideas please ($1000.00 not including plane tickets)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors