Post # 1
I am creating my mock budget to keep myself on budget and I’ve come across a few things I don’t know how to estimate.
1. My church does not have a set fee for weddings. It is donation of our choice. How much are most people paying?
2. I have no idea how much limos normally run. We have a 1:30 ceremony and a 6:00 reception.
3. I also have no idea how my dj’s cost. Again, 6:00p reception that goes until 12:00a.
4. Our reception facility is taking care of our centerpieces so we only have bouqets left and stuff like that. I have 3 bm and 3 gm. How much does that normally run?
Any help that can be offered would be great!
Post # 3
I will give your some estimates but please understand that rates vary a lot throughout the country.
Church/minister donation – Typically $100 – $250
DJ – For a professional DJ, estimate around $500 – $1000. They can cost more than this if you want top of the line or more lights or features. You can also find ones that are cheaper but double check how much experience they have with wedding.
Flowers – Are you doing boutonierres and coursages? For DIY, you could probably do these in the $50 to $100 if you buy wholesale flowers. For a florist, I would estimate $200 – $500 again depending on who you choose. You may be able to find an independent floral designer to create these for less.
Post # 4
Okay, like PP mentioned – these prices are really very specific to your area. But, here is my experience.
(1) I paid $200 for the minister (donation) but then our church also had a large fee to use the church and its wedding coordinator for the rehearsal and the ceremony – I think we paid $400 for that
(2) We only looked at regular limos (not busses, stretch-SUV’s, etc.). Most of the limos I found charged by the hour. We paid $135 per hour (which included tax and tip). This was a VERY good deal though – the best price I could find in my area.
(3) Regarding flowers – if you only need bouquets and boutineres, I don’t think your flower bill should be too pricey. I also had 3 bm’s and 3 gm (+ 4 parents, 2 grandparents, 2 others) I think our wedding party flowers were somewhere between $200-$250. But depending on where you go, you can easily spend $250 just on your bridal bouquet. It just depends on what you want…
Post # 5
I’m getting married in center city Philadelphia on a holiday weekend so I find things are way more expensive than a lot of other place. We are members of our church so here were the suggested donations:
Clergy: none required but $300 suggested for pre-marital, rehearsal and wedding
Church: none required $250 suggested
Bell ringing: $250
My BM’s bouquets are $60 a piece, the bouts are $10. Mine is I think $200 but I have a really large bouquet and I am using an expensive florist. I know that, he’s just worth every penny.
I’m getting a trolley for 4 or 5 hours for $1,000. We have a band so I couldn’t help on DJ pricing.
<font face=”Times New Roman”></font><font face=”Times New Roman”>Hope that helps </font>