(Closed) Budget Rings?

posted 7 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What budget centerstone should I consider buying?
    Moissanite (Small) : (50 votes)
    30 %
    Asha Diamond (Any Size) : (18 votes)
    11 %
    Blue Sapphire (Any Size) : (60 votes)
    36 %
    White Sapphire (Any Size) : (33 votes)
    20 %
    White Topaz (Any Size) : (2 votes)
    1 %
    Other (Post below, please!) : (6 votes)
    4 %
  • Post # 32
    1268 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 1994

Go for the sapphire! 

Post # 33
    1508 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @jessjlstar:  I keep finding more! (you gave me an excuse to look at shiny things haha)

Moissaniteco.com has a few things in the sale section that might interest you.

http://www.moissaniteco.com/designer-inspired-split-shank-rope-solitaire-ring-p-17282.html

This is a 1ct equivalent moissy, 14k WG $575 (you’d have to put in $$ as well but great bang for your buck!)

http://www.moissaniteco.com/sale-c-79.html?page=1&max_display=96&sort=3d

^^ Link to the sale page, scroll towards the bottom for the lower priced rings

Post # 34
    373 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2009

I’m loving some of the lab pink sapphires at Better than diamond website: 

http://betterthandiamond.com/categories/-Avarra-Lab-Grown-Sapphire/?sort=bestselling&page=2

Especially this one which is $141 for a 6.5mm (1.71ct) – you could purchase the stone and have it set into a ring easily for $350 (or select one of the rings on their site to have it set into.)

They also have the most amazing blue Ceylon and Kashmir blue sapphires

Post # 35
    286 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
    @jessjlstar:  YAY :] my ring size is a 4.75 and the center stone is 1 carat. My fiance said they were great to work with ( he got my ring size wrong and had to change it)!

Post # 38
    3173 posts
    Sugar bee

Moissanite Solitaires start out around $300 with 14k gold. If you want a sparkly clear center stone, you should probably check out moissaniteco.com as a possibility. Good luck with your search!

Post # 39
    77 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

You could always check out gemvara.com!  I have never purchased anything from there, but I love to play with their website (and I’ve seen enough reviews to know they’re legit).  I wish I could post a link and photos to rings I saw that are gorgeous, unfortunately, my work computer does allow it, lol. However, there’s a link to what I was looking at, all rings with a $500 limit.  You can change what metals you like and what stones you like.   

http://www.gemvara.com/Rings/jewelry/b/?cat=Ring&max_pri=500

Post # 40
    4474 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
    @jessjlstar:  I think somewhere between 5-6mm will be a nice size that fits in your budget.  I’m a size 5.5-6, and I think those stone sizes look nice.  A 6mm stone is almost the same size as a 1 carat diamond, so it’s not small at all.  Personally, I would pick moissy over Asha, as the moissy will be more durable.  Ashas are coated cz’s, and I’d rather buy a regular cz for much less money.  Just my 2 cents, although some Asha owners might disagree.

Post # 41
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    @jessjlstar:  On the whole, I’ve gotten positive feedback here on the Bee. Of course you’ll always get the occasional “It’s pretty, but I prefer a diamond!” comment, but I don’t even take offense to that stuff anymore. In person I’m asked why we got a sapphire instead of a diamond quite often, but I just tell them that I’ve always wanted one. I also get the Princess Diana/Kate Middleton comparisons a lot, which I really don’t mind because I loooove both of them.  πŸ˜‰

The only advice I will give is if you’re considering a diamond wedding band, make sure the stones in your ring are also diamond. My halo is actually white sapphires, so they look a little dingy next to my diamond band. I’m planning on having my center stone re-set into a halo with diamonds at some point in the future. Lots of people don’t notice and say I’m crazy, but it’s an OCD thing, it’s been driving me crazy! Just a thought!  πŸ™‚

Post # 42
    297 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

@jessjlstar:  girllllllllll sapphires are my LOVE!! I sent this exact collage to my Fiance because I wanted one for xmas. I ended up getting one NOT on this list, but their all from Kay Jewlers, and all under $250.

Post # 43
    152 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
    @Saria213:  I can’t put my tongue back in my mouth! Your ring is Unbelievably gorgeous! Gah! Seriously!!!!

I also voted blue sapphire!

Post # 44
    589 posts
    Busy bee

I have a ring from David Yurman I sometimes wear as my second Engagement Ring that I just love.  I think my husband pain $450 for it.  It’s diamond with sterling silver cable band.  I don’t think the picture does the ring justice.  It’s very pretty in real life and gives a nice sparkle.

Post # 45
    301 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    @kuuipokai:  Thank you so much!!!  πŸ™‚  I think my tiny fingers help haha.  πŸ˜‰

The topic ‘Budget Rings?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors