Post # 1
What tools (online, paper, etc.) do you use for your budget? What is the most comprehensive list you’ve seen?
Post # 3
Alot of people say that theknot’s checklist is really good, but I prefer WeddingWire’s budget and checklist.
Post # 4
I use the Knot’s budget list which I feel is pretty comprehensive. I know my friend has made her own based off of the Knot’s in Excel and that way she can completely customize it however she wants to fit her spending and budget. If I knew how to us Excel properly I would probably go that way as well.
Post # 5
marthastewartweddings. totally customizable in both checklist and budget. Best I’ve seen/used anywhere.
Post # 6
I like the Knot’s because it reminds you of a lot of things that you could forget. Plus, you can add new tabs for what you see fit. But I have to agree with @YSQueen: that the WeddingWire one is great! I use both.
Post # 7
@YSQueen: I also prefer the WeddingWire budgeter tool. To me, the Knot’s stressed me out a little because it had so many things I hadn’t considered and probably won’t include.
I found the WeddingWire one easier to customize for my needs. It’s been very helpful during our planning!
Post # 8
Weddingwire has the best budget tool and checklist
Post # 9
I have been using Vertex42.com’s template – it also has a Google Docs version so I share that with my Fiance.
Post # 10
The editors of Style Me Pretty teamed up with Google to make some wedding templates for the Google Wedding page. I haven’t used them specifically, but I’ve used other Google templates and liked them.
Post # 11
FYI: Weddingwire & Marthastewartweddings use the EXACT same checklist & budget.
Post # 12
Well since everyone has talked about the list, I will talk about the things I am doing and using for my budget. Maybe just to help a little, don’t know if you need them LOL but things I have found to help me 🙂
- Keep your guest list down!
- Once I knew the things I wanted for my wedding, don’t keep adding on!
- Keep an eye out for things on sale and on clearance, I bought some great things on clearance at Michael’s and Wal Mart. may sound tacky that wal mart, but i got my toasting classes at serving set there and they are adorable. Why spend hundreds on something like this?
- VISTAPRINT.COM!!! Sign up for their e-mails, and you will get some amazing offers. I got 100 free postcards and 150 FREE return address labels, I made save the dates on the postcards. Paid a little under $10 for shipping for everything
- Others may not like it, and it depends on you and your social circle, but I am doing a cash bar. Most people know we are paying for the wedding ourselves, and want it to be small and enjoyable. We just don’t have the ability to do an open bar for 125 people. We might think about a signature drink or something for people, but other than that, cash bar.
- We picked a menu that saved us $2000 on food. It includes a lot of food: caesar salad, dinner salad, roles, steak tips, roasted chicken, vegetables and rice pilaf. We are doing an undoor wedding in JUne so i think this works great for us. And the food is amazing, and I am saving that much! I will take it. So I would say look for lots of options that will still taste great.