- 8 years ago
- Wedding: October 2013
Like many brides, I dreamed of having tons of flowers at my wedding but wanted to accomplish this on a reasonable budget. After meeting with several local florists, I began searching online options such as Bunches Direct. Although there were some negartive reviews about Bunchesdirect, there were positive ones as well. In the end, I decided it was worth it to save the money. Well, we are 2 days out from my wedding and the flowers just arrived. My feelings on the outcome are kind of mixed.
- First, the flowers all arrived in great condition. They seem to be perking back up and the roses look great after removing the guard petals. My biggest fear was that they would arrive dead or broken and this was not the case all all. I give them an A+ for packaging and transportation.
- I was missing a few of the green hydrangeas but I had ordered extra so this was not detrimental. I did chat with an operator about the missing flowers and have been refunded the money for those.
- I ordered my flowers about 10 months out. If you are going to do these, I would say make sure you know absolutely what you want. When I tried to make changes, it didn’t seem that their system was really designed to accomadate that. For example, I called about a month ago and asked to add orange spray roses to the corsages. They made the change and I was charged for the spray roses but they were not placed on the corsages. Again, not a huge issue but I also didn;t get what I asked for. However, bunchesdirect did refund me the money for the spray roses which should have been added.
- I supplied several pictures of bouquets which all had a similar look and feel as representations of how I would like my bouquets to look. The bouquest I got look nothing like those pictures. Since the flowers are all healthy, we can easily take them apart and adjust but I really shouldn’t have to do this. It’s not just that they don’t look like the images I supplied but also that they just don;t seem well done. There are 4 orange roses stuck together in a bunch of pink ones and then one jsut off to the side. I really think my 10 year old niece could have arranged the flowers more appealingly than what I received. However, Bunchesdirect did offer to refund 25% of the bouquet price to make up for this.
- Flower preservative was missing from the box (even though I called specifically to ask if it would be included). However, the chat operator was helpful and explained we could use sugar.
In the end, my overall feelings on using them are mixed. The positives
- I got a lot more flowers than I would have for the same money from a florist.
- Everything arrived in great shape.
- Customer service was fantastice everytime I called or chatted.
- Some flowers were missing
- The corsages were not as I ordered.
- The bouquets were not at all what I discussed.
- Flower care instructions and preservative were not included as advertised (but I did use sugar and pull the instructions from their website).
In closing, if you have an extremely tight budget or if you are a DYI bride, this is a great option. If you have very specific expectations as to how your arragements should look, I am not sure that their system or floral designers are really up to the task. If I had to do it again, I think I probably would. However, I would probably just order all bulk flowers and do the arranging myself.