Post # 1
I just recently read an article on Yahoo about parents buying Gucci, Burberry, Dolce & Gabbana and Lanvin clothes and accessories for their young children. $700 for a backpack?? There was a custom made silk Dior dress for $3600. I thought I was splurging on the $20 Justice for Girls jeans for my daughters. And that was only because we had a coupon.
I am not trying to say anything bad about those who can afford luxury things like that. I think they worked hard for what they have but my only concern is what is that teaching those kids?? That they can get whatever they what no matter the cost? And then have no appreciation for the things they have?
Sorry, just a vent.
Here is the link…http://shine.yahoo.com/photos/back-school-super-rich-gucci-slideshow/
Post # 3
Splurging on children’s clothes is pointless and I’m someone who likes to splurge. When the child will only wear it for a short time before they grow out of it I just don’t see the point.
I read an article in Glamour recently about Rachel Zoe and even she agreed that it was foolish of her to have spent soooo much money on baby Skyler. She spent thousands of dollars on designer baby clothes and shoes that he wore once and some he never wore at all because he simply grew too fast.
Post # 4
Plus, kids like to play! They will get dirty, tear those pants, etc regardless if you spend $1000 or $10. My friend was upset because she got her niece pink glittery Toms from Nordstroms and in less than a month all those sparkles were gone and the shoes were thrashed. And I was like, uh yeah. Kids want to play outside during recess and they’re not gonna worry about dragging their feet or playing soccer with your stupid shoes on.
Obviously, I don’t get it lol.
Post # 5
Honestly, I always wonder how anyone can afford designer stuff. I make like 6 figures and I just can’t really justify spending that much on stuff. But to each their own. If someone wants to spend $400 on a pair of shoes, or $700 on a baby backpack, more power to them.
Post # 6
Agreed! It’s absolutely RIDICULOUS! I get it if you’re Blue Ivy and your parents are Beyonce and Jay Z who make what? 50 MILLION dollars a year, then fine $700 to you is like $10 to us normal folk. And I’m sure they’re not concerned about teaching their kids that they can’t get everything they want since well, they will get everything they want..until their money runs out. Sorry, end of my rant! ha!
Post # 7
If I had a credit card with no limit and plenty of time on my hand in between charity dinners and galas, I might go shop for designer clothes for my offspring. I’m sure all those kids have trust funds in their names and mommy doesn’t wash the clothes herself. That’s what the staff is for.
I also don’t think these kids spend much time playing in the dirt. There will hardly be any time, what with being chaffeured between the Mandarin lessons and viola lessons.
That’s the 1% we’re talking about here, not the rest of us 99% who think practical and frugal.
Post # 8
I work at an ivy league university in the fundraising department of the mba business school, and we have alumni who have the potential to DONATE $50 million. To a school. on top of all of their other philanthropic priorities. These people are billionares andWAAAAAY richer than Jay-Z and Beyonce. That is who is affording this stuff, and there is definitley a market for it. It just isn’t us. LOL. Six figure salary isn’t going to cut it. And i’m sure the children willl play in their $3600 outfits-that’s like a $5 outfit in billionare-speak.
Post # 9
If they want to buy expensive stuff, let them, it can only benefit the economy to have people spending money. And for every $40 I spend on a pair of shoes there is someone out here spending $4 at a thrift store for a similar pair.