(Closed) Bustle choice for ballgown?

posted 10 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
439 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I think the under or french bustle would look nice.  It would still give you to volume but it won’t cut off/interrupt the flow of the dress like an over bustle.

Post # 5
10972 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

I’m tempted to go with the under as my instinct, but not really sure why! lol my bustle knowledge is 0 – I had to ask to figure out that mine was a french bustle!

Post # 8
10972 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@HappilyEverAfter54: Hmm I think it could be really interesting but I’m a little afraid of how busy it might get…maybe you can ask your seamstress and see what she thinks is better?

Post # 9
10 posts
  • Wedding: June 2012

definitely french

Post # 10
1741 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

multiple point under bustle (french)


of course I am quite partial to the under bustle for any dress

Post # 11
793 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Mine is a 3-point French (under) bustle. It’s kind of crooked in this photo, but it’s really simple, and I think it would look good with your dress. 


The topic ‘Bustle choice for ballgown?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors