bustle for lazaro 3201 brides

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I am a lazaro 3201 bride! I just bought my dress last month at Kleinfeld’s in NYC. I am not sure how the bustle will look either! I am thinking it will probably have to be traditional?

Post # 4
224 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My dress is the LZ 3203 and we did an over bustle for mine. I wish i had a pic, but I didnt snap one last week at my 2nd fitting. my dress is drop waist and full of ruffles on the bottom. the over bustle blends in with the ruffles so that it does not stick out too much on it.

the under bustle looked VERY evident, i can say that!

Post # 5
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I am a Lazaro 3201 and I did the ballroom bustle. it is just gorgeous! kinda looks like i am floating on a fluffy cloud Smile

Post # 6
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Are you still looking for a picture? I have one.

Post # 8
206 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am a Lazaro 3150 and 3214. My wedding was 3 weeks ago and the first dress was a french bustle.  Still waiting for pictures but will look for pics from my dress fittings. 

Post # 8
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I know this post is kind of old but I am hoping that someone might have pictures!?!?! I have my fitting in a month!

Post # 9
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

FutureMrsJLo:  did you buy your lazaro in belmont? 

Post # 10
75 posts
Worker bee

MissGardenRose:  have you decided on your bustle? I am wearing the lazaro 3201, is that your dress as well?

Post # 11
29 posts
Newbee

jMariie:  Yes, I am wearing the 3201! I think that we decided on a french bustle? She held it over and under and everyone thought that the under looked best. I have my next fitting in a couple weeks and that should be done so I can take some photos. I hope that I made the right decision. I felt kind of rushed… Have you decide on a bustle?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  .
Post # 12
75 posts
Worker bee

MissGardenRose:  I believe I went with the ballroom bustle like the one in this picture 

did you have a liner installed? I was going to go with the liner but I ended oh finding a pair of nude mid-thigh length spanx that were absolutely perfect! you couldn’t tell I was wearing them at all and there are no seems at all on the waistband or anywhere else on the spanx. I wanted the dress to still have the see through illusion and not take away from the lace and I thought installing a liner other than a nude color would have taken away from that look. the problem I am having is with the size of my dress.. I bought the floor sample and it is probably about 5 sizes too big! but I was told when I bought the gown that it wouldn’t be an issue and that they would just trim the bottom of the skirt to make it shorter. but when I went for my first fitting the seamstress told me that she would have to take from the middle of the skirt instead of the bottom. once she started to do that it took away from the downward flow that the skirt had and kind of gave it more of a layered look which I immediately told her I hated! so I have two more fittings to try and solve that issue and still have to dress look the way it was and like I the skirt I had originally fallen in love with! 

this is a picture from my first fitting and you can see how the skirt is a little different but hopefully we can still mess around with it and make it look exactly how I want. (don’t mind the extra fabric hanging out from underneath the skirt)

Post # 13
29 posts
Newbee

jMariie: I should have researched bustles more before I went!! I hope the one I chose will look okay because I really like the ballroom bustle now that I see it… Did you get the spanx brand? I have nude underwear to try with it but maybe I should get some spanx too. I didn’t think that the nude underwear would show through and I have been trying to avoid spanx! Have you tried just that underwear? I have my next fitting in 2 days.

That sucks about your dress but I have to say that you look beautiful!!! So pretty!! I think that the alterations lady is correct by taking the dress up from the part by your lace not the bottom. All the people I have talked to say that this how it is done to make sure that the bottom layer looks finished. Maybe since it was 5 sizes too big the extra fabric caused the changed in the flow. The pictures show your dress bustled, correct?? The extra lining showing in the pic is actually being removed from my dress to make it lighter. My lady is just bringing it up to meet the floor since it’s a July wedding. I really hope that doesnt’ make my dress more prone to catching on stuff though!! Good luck and keep us all updated!!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  .
Post # 14
24 posts
Newbee

I had a 3 point bustle for the inner layer and a 7 point over bustle for the outer organza. I asked my seamstress to shorten the dress without cutting the layers, so she individually sewed some layers up from the inside. It made the skirt a little poofier because the layers were slightly closer together and was very labor intensive (according to her )

Post # 15
75 posts
Worker bee

Perchance:  beautiful! do you have anymore pictures? I will find some of my bustle and post them! here is the back of my dress, I had my seamstress cut my belt so that the buttons on thr back would be seen more. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors