(Closed) Bustling my David’s t9612

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

not sure what this “window” bustle is, but here is what I did with mine.  It was difficult to figure out how best to bustle this dress b/c the lace extends so much further than the satin train…..Mom and I put the bustle on the dress ourselves.

Post # 4
403 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

here’s a side view

Post # 6
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

When I bought the dress the alterations lady showed me a mock of up an overbustle and an underbustle. She pinned up the underskirt separately, which seems to make sense to me, and I think may be more secure in the end. I will find the pics of the different types and post them!

nona49: I am also going to try to put my own bustle in. Would you be able to describe how you did it? I am not sure what sort of attachments I should use that won’t show through the lace.

Post # 7
228 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

@newhomebride: I hope this can still help!

The alterations lady at Davids first pinned up the underskirt separately, you can see this in the first pic. Then she tried out an overbustle:

side view:

Then she showed me a french (under bustle) example:

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2011

hello are any of your dresses for sale? in maybe size 8-10?….

Post # 9
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I’m interested in getting a used gress DB T9612. I’m a size 2. Are there any brides out there that’s willing to sell her dress. Right now it’s on sale at DB for $599. I’m willing to pay $300 for the dress. Or even better, I’d consider renting it from you for $100— that is if I don’t need to make any alteration, of course.

Post # 10
5 posts
Newbee

I’m wondering if anyone has this dress for saie in chapagne / ivory in size 2 (or 4 at the most)? I am willing to pay $300 + s&h. Please let me know ([email protected]

This dress is so beautiful and I haven’t been able to find it in a size 2 anywhere not even DB. Please, please let me know!

~Mtnmouse

The topic ‘Bustling my David’s t9612’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors