(Closed) Bustling White by Vera Wang Dresses – VW351011

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

All I know is that the David’s Bridal where I tried the Vera Wang line on told me that “Vera doesn’t DO french bustles,” and that if I got my bustle done there that they would HAVE to do an American bustle because that is what Vera “requires.” They kind of showed me what the American style bustle would look like in the dress I tried on (very similar to yours, except it is the one with the v-neck), and it looked pretty good–kind of blended in well with all of the ruffles. The only thing I would be concerned about is whether the American style bustle would hold all night–because those dresses are HEAVY!

Having said that, you can probably take your dress to an outside seamstress and get whatever kind of bustle you want. They would know how to make it look good.

Post # 4
45 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi Ladies…

I bought this dress as well and LOVE it. I’m taking it to an outside seamtress so she will decide on bustle. Have you decdied? Also, I think I would like to take the top out a little bit (everything fits great but the girls are a little squeezed in)…do you know if there is any room in the bust seam to be let out?

Post # 5
1909 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@aubiegirl: I had my first fitting last week for the hem and bustle. The skirt will have 2 bustles, one for all the layers underneath and then another for the overskirt. Wow! My Maid/Matron of Honor was there with me, I hope she can remember where all the hooks are 🙂

Post # 6
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@pink.sequins: aw Congratulations! I’m sure it looks beautiful!! Yeah–I’m sure that is quite a bustle…but it is worth it because all of the ruffles/layers are so floaty and pretty!

Post # 7
464 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’ll be trying on my dress next weekend! So nervous!

Post # 8
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

How much did you all pay for alterations? Did you stay with Davids or go elsewhere?

The topic ‘Bustling White by Vera Wang Dresses – VW351011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors