Post # 1
I am going to Europe in August. I was hoping to get discounted plane tickets at the last minute, but usually they’re for fixed dates (even 1 or 2 weeks) and I’m leaving 10 days…
So, the regular prices have gone up lately..
Should I book now before it goes up again, or should I wait to see if it goes back down or if I’ll find a good last minute deal that work with my dates?
Post # 3
Book it now. August is bang in the middle of high season, so I really don’t see it getting cheaper from here on out. You might be lucky and get some random one-off deals, but I don’t think it is worth the headache, and it can get shockingly pricey in August.
Post # 4
I would go ahead and buy now…in my experience the earlier you get it (3 or 4 months out) the cheaper it tends to be…
Post # 5
I’m going with now as well. As attractive as the idea of ‘last minute deals’ sounds, its never even come close to working for me. If you see any sort of ‘sale’ in the meantime, definitely jump on it!!
Post # 6
I would highly agree with plaintains (cute name!) why risk it?
Post # 7
Honestly, there are very few last minute deals out there. You don’t want to wait and not be able to get a ticket at all.
Post # 9
I’d buy ’em now. You can’t COUNT on a last minute deal, and you might end up paying way more than you want to if you wait.
Post # 10
I’m with all the other ladies, book now. save’s you the worry also. i don’t think you’ll save much as it is high season as someone mentioned above.
Post # 11
You might be able to get something but I wouldn’t wait too long, they can skyrocket at the last minute, especially at that time.
Post # 12
So I guess all opinions go towards booking now! Thanks ladies!
I hate that it’s like, twice the price of some deals that I see, but I really can’t change my dates because my husband will already be there and I’m going to join him, and there’s no guarantee I’ll find a deal for my exact dates…
I just sent him an email asking for his opinion and explaining that I think it’s better to book now… We’ll see what he thinks!
Post # 13
In the summer tickets for Europe will most likely go up. I would buy them as soon as you can.
Post # 15
Cutting it uberly close – by now before the price sky rockets galor!
Post # 16
I’d buy them now. Any closer to the date, and you’re buying in peak season (which is why the prices are going up – demand is going up too!). It’s just too risky to wait. You may end up with a deal, you may end up paying 3x as much.