Post # 1
My DH is being transferred to a new duty station in another state. We will be going there in 3 weeks. I wont be a Texas anymore, lol. We agreed this weekend to go up and look at houses and make an offer on a house except everything went horribly wrong.
My dear mother in law who was going to watch the kids and the dogs, developed a severe inflammation of the gall bladder, liver and pancreas because she had a gall stone pass into the tube between the gall bladder and pancreas. She has been hospitalized, she is doing better, infection is gone but she still has to stay for at least another week and then do surgery.
DH says dont worry about it, we will take the kids and the dogs, check into a hotel and then go look at houses. BTW I should mention I have a favorite, its one I already love but being smart we have 4 back ups just in case something happens.
Well Im excited again about going house hunting, except now I have strep throat and Im extremely contagious and I cant go. DH and I had talked about making sure we had a house before the actual move because we dont want to be stuck in a hotel or temporary lodging til we purchase a house.
We didnt want to wait til the last minute but it took close to a month before all the VA loan paperwork went through so it pushed us back. Im really happy we are getting a house but very sad that if he makes an offer on a house I wont get to see it until we move up there and move in.
I have been whiny and pouty for two whole days now. DH left this morning to go up to Missouri and Im stuck here in the bed with Strep Throat. It sucks and he loves me and knows what house we want but I really really wanted to see it.
OK whining and ranting over.
Post # 3
Why don’t you just go to the doctor and get on some antibiotics? Since strep is caused by a bacteria, they’ll help clear it up and make you feel better. Plus, after 24 hours on the antibiotics, you are no longer contagious!
Post # 4
Awe, that sucks! Hope you feel better quickly! I don’t know that I’d trust my husband to pick out a house for us, either. He’s both way too picky and doesn’t care about the right things.
Post # 5
@Mrs.KMM: I got the antibiotics this morning. That was the soonest I could get them. Not only that the fever is killing me. Im stuck in bed reading the bee.
@almostmrsj: I gave my husband a list. A very strict list. I called the realtor and gave her the same list.
1. Must have five bedrooms or more. We have four kids and they need their own rooms since they are preteens
2. Must have lots of trees. Where we live now, they clear cut everything. There isnt a tree within a mile of my house and Im from Tennessee and I love trees so I want trees.
3. Must have land
4. Must not be able to look out the window and see into the neighbors house.
5. House must be updated but small cosmetic issues are not a deal breaker as those can be fixed.
Thats not alot to ask for. Also we have a favorite. Hopefully its just a confirmation that we will love the house and then just put in an offer.
Post # 6
Are you on antibiotics? After 48 hours you’re no longer contagious! But strep seriously blows… Feel better!
Post # 7
@BrandNewBride: I am on antibiotics but the husband left this morning. So I will be well hopefully by the time he comes back.
We thought we might wait til next week and go when I was better but because of the timeline on the move, and hopefully signing on a house before means it cant be put off.
I just hope my husband gets the house we love and doesnt have to resort to one of the other four choices. I dont love those houses.
Post # 8
@TexasSpringBride: I’m sorry you’re sick, I hope the antibiotics help you soon. I know how it feels to be stuck at home sick. Is your DH in the military? If so, why don’t you look for a place on base?
Post # 9
@greenidlady: He is military and it would be great except we are buying, Also housing on post never has enough rooms. We have four kids so we need big space and Im tired of living right up against everyone,