(Closed) Buying booze for 100 guests….

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 3
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

that would depend on whether or not theyre heavy drinkers.

Post # 6
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I’m working on figuring out my alcohol counts now for my ~150 person wedding. So far, the most helpful things for me have been to use the alcohol calculators that are available online (for example: http://www.evite.com/pages/party/drink-calculator.jsp’ defer=’defer). Most of them will let you enter things like the number of people, type of drinkers (light/average/heavy), types of booze you’ll be serving, etc., and then it calculates the ballpark figures for what you might need.

As far as prices, that’s super dependent on what kind of alcohol you want to serve. If you’re talking about $40/bottle Napa Valley wine and top-shelf liquor, that’s obviously going to be more expensive than kegs of Miller Lite and bottles of Banker’s Club vodka. 🙂

If it helps, we are only having beer, wine, and champagne at our reception. We’re ballparking about $12/bottle for wine and champagne (some are more expensive, some are less) and $30/case for beer (FI and I are beer snobs, so we’re having a big selection of all of our favorites). Between these estimates and the alcohol calculator figures, it was easy to come up with a reasonable alcohol budget for us. Now we’ll see how well we do sticking to it when the time comes to buy!

Hope that helps a little bit. Good luck!

Post # 7
5761 posts
Bee Keeper

I don’t have the list of what we got on me, but our bar bill for 85 guests 2 years ago came in jst under $1500. Full open bar for5 hours.

Post # 10
963 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Do you have access to any duty free stores around you?  We had one on the way to our wedding, and bought booze for 65 there (we used the online calculator to figure out how much, but ended up buying much more than they said since the 1.5L bottles were only a couple dollars more than the 1L bottles).  We paid all of $150 for our liquor, and had a whole bunch leftover (I think most people drank beer/wine, which had been gifted to us– the only things that you could tell people drank was vodka and gin).

Post # 11
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I got this advice from a bee who used to bartend.

For 100 drinkers, we are thinking of doing, per the bee’s advice:

1 bottle of vodka

1 bottle of Gin?

1 of whiskey

1 of scotch

1 of tequila

1 of kaluah

Limes, lemons and evaporated milk, OJ and coke or 7-up

2 kegs of beer 

6 bottles of wine (not heavy wine drinker)

4-6 bottles of assorted champagne

Post # 12
2692 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Not sure how much it’ll cost but hoping to not spend more than $400.  Going to a warehouse I think where it’s cheaper.  Also, when the booze is done, it’s done.  We will have a bartender and it’s a 4 hour reception.

Post # 14
2622 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

I think you will find it easier if you only offer basics. Maybe a few specialty cocktails and beer and wine, otherwise you have to buy a wide variety and you are more likely to have lots of extra of one item, and not enough of another. Plus you have to buy mixers etc.

I would focus on Vodka, Gin, Beer, Wine then get Cranberry juice,, Orange Juice, Diet Coke, Coke, Seltzer, Tonic, Vermouth. That will cover a lot of drinks without having a ton of extra other stuff leftover at the end of the night.

Post # 15
546 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I worked for a liquor store that provided a wedding planning service. One employee would meet with the couple to discuss their needs. Heavy or light drinkers. Wine vs beer vs liquor. The service was free. Maybe see if there is a service like that in your area.

The topic ‘Buying booze for 100 guests….’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors