devi514: I posted this a couple weeks ago:
1. The mail station computer has been off for 3 months (literally) because it has a virus and we have ONE IT guy that runs multiple offices.
2. The air conditioner unit was broken for more than 2 days straight.
3. No one ever answers their cell phone or they leave it at their desk when they go out so I can’t reach them if needed.
4. Someone whispered to me if I like racial jokes.
5. Co worker complains about every walk in we have and makes jokes that he is going to throat punch them. It’s irritating.
6. The company ordered food through family’s business and not one person helped me into the car with the chaving dishes. My boss mentioned for someone to help and they all had blank stares. No one did ever get up to help.
7. I transferred a call to a boss and she yells out “I am not ready for this” after we have been in the office for over an hour and a half in the morning. By the way she comes in 30 minutes later every.single.day.
8. The main boss leaves 30 minutes to an hour early 4 out of 5 days a week.
9.I spoke to a coworker about another company who we work with not wanting to accept a job. She said it’s probably because of the person’s race. I said what do you mean are you actually saying this person declined business because of the person’s race? She stumbled on her words and tried to change up what she meant.
10. Some mostly bosses take over an hour and a half lunch when we are all supposed to get 30 minutes.
11. We have no wifi.
12. Anytime it rains, the phones go out so they transfer all the calls to my cell phone. In which I have to run to each person to give them the phone if it is for them since I can’t transer cell phone calls to their office phone.
13. People seem to avoid you so they don’t have to work.
14. The big boss’ door is always closed. ALWAYS. I overheard him telling his assistant that he closes it so people don’t come in for stupid reasons or just to talk.
15. When I was “trained” I was told the last person changes the paper towels, makes the coffee if its empty, changes the toilet paper roll if empty and they use it last. I find myself being the only one finding these empty.
Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/what-i-learned-at-my-job-after-5-months-trying-to-post-this-again/#ixzz3dEqku0DS
Maybe I am not and have never been cut out for working in an office. That’s all I have done and know and always have found more to be pissy about than happy about. Hmmmm makes me wonder if I need to try something else. Not sure. Since my thread, I have definitely made my decision on the pending promotion that my boss is considering me for in about a year to a year and a half. I have made the decision to decline. After seeing theperson that has the position I would be taking over come into the office in the middle of her vacation to work during her time off for a day, I know it’s not the right thing for me.