Post # 1
A good friend is having a baby this week and I’d like to give her something to take to the hospital as a care package (for her and her hubby).
Any thoughts as to what should go in it?
What would you have appreciated at the hospital?
Post # 3
I had a c-sec, and here is what I had and would have wanted (mine was planned, so I had most of it) Keep in mind most of this isnt specific to a c-section as there isnt much you can do for it in the first few days.
- snacks. Lots of snacks. Granola bars, fruit, pretzels, etc. I was STARVING and it took forever between meals and I sent Darling Husband out to go buy this stuff. Plus they dont really feed the hubby.
- Vitamin water. They force you to pee a lot and I was sick of regular water.
- Belly band (I had the Belly Bandit.) I used this after I got home and wish in hindsight Id had it from like day 3. Helped SO much
- Flip flops. After a c-section they tend to make you walk laps of the hallways as it helps with healing. I wanted nothing to do with the grippy socks, but she might be different
- if she has an ipad, an itunes gift card so they can download a movie or something
- I lived in maxi dresses while I was in the hospital (in July) but maybe a bathrobe she can wear over her outfit
- a can of spray dry shampoo, dove moist wipes. They wouldnt let me shower for like 3 days, so this stuff saved me. She might not expect to not be allowed to shower, so this could be good.
Thats all I can really think of. If you are looking for after care, EArth Mama Angel Baby makes this stuff called c-salve that I swear by, but you shouldnt use that until 6 weeks after so the incision heals.