Post # 1
I’m going on my first cake tasting tomorrow. I already know what flavor I want, but I don’t know what else to expect or what I should bring with me. Any suggestions? Did you show pictures of cakes you liked and if so how many?
Post # 3
When I went cake tasting I definetly brought pictures of the cakes I liked with me. Most bakers charge “by the slice” and the cost depends on how detailed the design of the cake is. Fondant, sugar flowers, and intricate piping work will jack up the cost really fast. It’s best to get a solid idea of what you want for your design before you go to the tasting.
Here are some quetions you will want to ask the baker as well:
- How long before our wedding are the cakes prepared (if they freeze them before the wedding run the other way- frozen cake tastes stale!)
- Is there an extra cost for special fillings or details
- Do you do deliver? How much does it cost? Will the delivery person be able to make emergency frosting or decoration repairs and arrange the cake table if needed?
- If I want to use fresh flowers on my cake, will you coordinate with my florist, or will I have to manage getting the flowers to you
- How many wedding cakes do you do on average every weekend (shouldn’t be more than 4 as your cake won’t get the needed attention to detail if they are overlaoded!)
Do we need to preserve the top tier for my first anniversary? Or will they supply me with a top tier on my first anniversary
Will the baker supply me with a cake stand, cake knife and server? Are there extra charges for these items?