(Closed) California County Wedding Licenses

posted 7 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
21 posts
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Entangled:  It is my undertstanding (as I am doing the same thing, but in SoCal) that you can get the license in ANY county in California and actually get married anywhere in the state.  However, you MUST return the license post-wedding to the county where it was issued.

Remember – the license is only good for 90 days.

Here is a link for you:  http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/scc/chlevel3?path=%2Fv7%2FSCC%20Public%20Portal%2FLiving%20and%20Working%2FMarriage%2C%20Domestic%20Partnerships%2C%20and%20Divorce%2FGetting%20a%20Marriage%20License

*Edited for formatting

Post # 4
37 posts
  • Wedding: August 2011

We’re getting married in Sonoma County, but getting our license in San Francisco County. My understanding is that BadgerKyle is correct.

Post # 6
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Nope.  You can get it anywhere!

The topic ‘California County Wedding Licenses’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors