(Closed) Calling all 200lb+ or 250lbs+ brides!!! Any advice?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 76
2803 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
ana2017 :  Buy the dress in the size you are when you try it on, and have it taken in. Do not order a smaller dress in a size that you want to be. I never lost all the weight I wanted, my dream dress did not fit, and could not be made to fit me for an affordable amount in alterations ( as in it was cheaper to buy a new dress ). It is easier and cheaper for a seamstress to take a dress in, than let one out or add in fabric. 

As far as undergarments, most bridal salons will give you a bra to wear, as well as a slip. So you don’t need to worry about if your panties match. I would only wear spanx, if you have the intention of wearing them on your wedding day. Keep the style dress in mind. you may not need spanx. 

Post # 77
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Athol Hall, Mosman

View original reply
elderbee :  aww thanks! I joined the forums and was scared of looking like a princess playing dress up, lol. I remember the accessories forum being brutal a yr back when it came to tiaras. Every other thread with them mentioned had responses of “you’re not a princess!”.

Post # 79
75 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
elderbee :  Yeah I’m having the flowers and belt removed and then adding a satin trim to the bottom of the skirt and at the waist like this one

Capture

The topic ‘Calling all 200lb+ or 250lbs+ brides!!! Any advice?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors