(Closed) Calling All 2016 Brides!

posted 6 years ago in Logistics
Post # 3
1360 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I am not sure when my wedding will be. If we wait for me to finish school it will be may 7 2016 (our anniversary, by that time of 6 years and it is the only may 7th that falls on a saturday in a 15 year time period!) but i really dont want to wait that long!!!! But we have to discuss this with out parents first, I think they want me to finish first. My bf (soon to be Fiance, i am a waiting bee) is 30 and i’m 20. We met in Costa Rica, he is already graduated as a doctor, but is working in the oil field to pay off some student loans, save money for the future, support us both while we do our residency) and I am still studying here, so currently in a LDR! And I love this board lol Did you have a he’s the one moment?

Post # 5
1360 posts
Bumble bee

I’m super excited!!! He already has the ring and has spoken to my parents but I kinda want him to show up as a surprise and propose you know? If not I feel like I would be expecting it on a planned vacation but honestly I dont care lol I am studying medicine as well in Costa Rica! We don’t do premed here, what we do is a year of generals and then you go into your career choice so hence the young age. What about you?

Post # 6
1360 posts
Bumble bee

And yes I always knew, from our “first date”, we went out as friends because I was dating someone else, but he was super insistant so I figured it was a way to get him to stop annoying me, boy was I wrong!!!  At the end of the day we were having ice cream and I thought, I could marry this man and laughed at the notion hahaha turns out I can!!! Two days later I broke up with my ex and started dating him three days after that and have never ever looked back!

Post # 7
1360 posts
Bumble bee

Do you get comments about your age? Like you’re too young and how are you sure you wont regret it later on? It drives me insane!

Post # 9
1360 posts
Bumble bee

I think that is the stupidest thing ever, its nit a real engagement because its so long? I mean you’re going to spend the rest of your life with this guy so who cares if the engagement is long!!! Two of my best friends are studying to be teachers and they say it is an incredible rewarding job and that it is certainly never boring!! 

My family on my mothers side is super excited, my dad has his doubts because he was married young and got divorced but he loves my bf and knows he makes me happy and is the only man who could ever be good enough for his little girl (his words not mine lol) he is worried about my age and he’s happy its a long engagement because of that. My fathers family doesnt know yet, and my closest friends are ecstatic!! I’m expecting to get the weird looks and questions from strangers though when its official. 

Why did you guys decide on your date? And have you planned anything yet???

Post # 12
1360 posts
Bumble bee

@GreenSkittle:  Yeah I’ve planned much more than I should lol my pintrest board is a little bit insane and I just might’ve possibly bought a dress…..ok fine it is this amazing dress of my dreams and it was on super sale and I could afford it with my savings so I bought it!!! I can’t wait to try it on!!!!

I really thought there would be more of us on here! I mean other people have long engagements right?

Post # 13
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Hi msdoctor and GreenSkittle, I just saw your post this morning (I’m a UK bee) and thought I would introduce myself as although we have not set a date yet, it’s very likely that we will be married 2016 and possibly even may 7th as 7 is our lucky number and like you say, it is a Saturday!

I’m 23, he’s 27 and we will be having a long engagement as we sat down and spoke about our options and though we would like a small ceremony, there’s no chance because our families alone are huge so we will need to save up a lot of money. Additionally, neither of us wants to get married before we have put down a deposit on our own house as spending the whole deposit on one day would be the wrong decision for us. 

We are very happily engaged though (Christmas day 2012) and are enjoying this stage in our lives together :). 

Post # 16
1360 posts
Bumble bee

@pearshampoo:  Hi!! Congratulations!!! That is awesome planning πŸ˜‰ We would be doing the same thing if we knew where we were going to live, but plan on doing our residency overseas so a down payment on a house could mean moving and it is idealistic but I kind of want to get a big property with a small house and have that be our first and last home and if we need to have a larger home build on it but isn’t the idea of buying a home exciting! Have you looked at any yet? Or know what style you would like????

@GreenSkittle:  I dont! It is at my Future Father-In-Law house in texas but it is the lazaro 3819 in ivory…. minus the butt flowers!!! I’m a bit obssessed with the embroidery work! Any idea what kind of dress you would like? And what colors do you have picked out?

The topic ‘Calling All 2016 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors