(Closed) Calling All 2016 Brides!

posted 7 years ago in Logistics
Post # 18
1360 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

I hope so! I’m 5’0!! That’s why I didnt go with a ballgown but some other bees are also super petite and have pulled them off wonderfully! Celadon is super super pretty! The problem is that my bf is a flaming red head so I dont want colors that will clash with his hair so I’m looking at something in the dark blues or greens I believe but I keep changing my mind lol

Post # 20
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Moorten Botanical Gardens (Palm Springs, CA)

Hi, all!!

I’m thinking I will be a (May) 2016 bride too! We got engaged a couple weeks ago, however, I want to finish school first before grtting married! By the time we get married, we will have been together for 6 years. We already have a beautiful little girl together! I’m so excited, and holding off on wedding planning is driving me insane!! 

Can’t wait to get to know you bees!

-Bailey

Post # 21
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: August 2016 - Atlantis ballroom

Hello ladies it’s so good to see that I am not alone lol my wedding date is 8/6/2016 and I’m soo excited I’ve already started my planning I even bought my dress already I put my deposit on my venue to hold my date in march of next year.

Post # 22
71 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2016 - Chateau

Yay for 2016! So excited! We are getting married in St.Lucia on a beach! I got engaged in September infront of my whole family after a treasure hunt planned by my Fiance ๐Ÿ™‚ Everybody has been acting like we’re not really engaged because it’s so far away ๐Ÿ™ but we already knew we wanted to get married and wanted to give everyone the chance to think about a wedding in the Caribbean. Barefoot on the sand ^^

Post # 22
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016 - Our Castle

Hi 2016 brides.. im set for 16/09/2016 and i cant wait.. im a AUS Bride

Date choice was because his favourite number is 16. so 16th, octoberfest actually starts in september! and 2016 because we are building a house.

Planning all organised and thought of.. already bought jewelry, shoes (boots) and dress.. and ive started making the bonbonerie.. designed the stationary etc.. just not ordered yet.

My friends are wanting me to have an engagement party but i want to leave it till 1yr before so its closer and in the more exciting time.. also building an investment house currently and then building a family home (duplex with his brother).. so i have to be prepared

our wedding will be pretty low key.. 60 guests in total. at our local park but stil alot to organise! we are paying for it ourselves. My family hasnt even mentioned any help except for my sister wanting to make my headpiece and veil. my Future Mother-In-Law wants to pay for our catering and my Fiance is trying to stop her..lol its pretty funny. Both indipendant ppl and wanting the best for the other.. Love my FMIL!

any updates ladies?

Post # 23
881 posts
Busy bee

Hey ladies, thought I’d bump this thread up. 

I’ve been engaged since August 2013 used to be a 2015 bride, but a few weeks ago I got into a super-intensive MBA program and had to postpone my wedding until 2016. Most of the vendors were super chill about it and say I’d be silly to turn this opportunity down for the wedding. One vendor was like, nope this is a cancellation of our contract, even though I notified him over a year in advance to just transfer the deposit to a different day. Naturally, that deposit that we lost was the largest one we made. Ugh. 

Our new day is May 21, 2016 and we picked it because it was the only day available in April OR May at our venue over two years in advance. It was critical to get that secured though because Fiance has over 20 first cousins and there are a very limited number of spaces in my town that hold that many people. Since all the rest of the deposits carried over, I actually have a fair bit of the planning process done (website, guest list, caterer, church, reception venue, DJ, photographer and videographer). There will be a few changes though since I’m moving two hours away from Fiance to go to grad school, and taking one of our two dogs with me for company. We’ve lived together for two years already, so that’ll be new and challenging.

Can’t wait to get to know you ladies! 

Post # 24
2 posts
Wannabee

Hi my wedding is in 2016 also just tagging this thread 

Post # 25
207 posts
Helper bee

I am most likely going to be a June 2016 bride. I am getting engaged this weekend (I’m proposing so I know). My Boyfriend’s parents and my parents have the same wedding anniversary, June 17th, so we intend to steal it, unless either set of parents objects, then we will mostlikely just go later the same month as our dating anniversary id June 26th. We have been together almost four years and this is a second marriage for both of us. We are 28 and 32 so we will be 30 and 34 when we get married.

Post # 26
18 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I am planning on being a 05/28/2016 bride! I just got engaged last week but the venue we want is not available next summer.  It will also be our 6th anniversary, so good timing I guess!

Post # 27
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - Santa Barbara County Courthouse

Hi everyone, Mr. Honey and I have decided on 11/12/2016 in Palm Springs at The Historic Cree Estate. Our anniversary is actually on the 24 which most of the time falls on Thanksgiving so our 5 years will be a couple of weeks later

Post # 28
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2016 - Ed Oliver Golf Club, Wilmington, DE

Since this thread was bumped! I want to play! Me and the Fiance are planning on getting married April 22, 2016. Already so excited! It’s going to be a long wait! 

Post # 29
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2016

I’m a 2016 bride!!! 

Post # 30
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - Santa Barbara County Courthouse

Hello again ladies I must tell you that I haven’t tried on any dresses yet and I am so in love with the Divina by Maggie Sottero that I went to look at it couldn’t help myself and boy did I have dressgasim. It literally took my breathe away, I’m not sure if any of you have experienced this feeling, it was the highlight of my day. I can just imagine how I’m going to feel when I try it on…. ๐Ÿ™‚ Ladies happy 2016

The topic ‘Calling All 2016 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors