(Closed) Calling All 2016 Brides!

posted 9 years ago in Logistics
Post # 46
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Hi! Im getting married July 1st 2016! It’s coming round to fast! I can’t wait!! 

Post # 47
639 posts
Busy bee

Bumping in hopes that we finally get a months twin section. 598 days to go!

Post # 48
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

hi brides

Post # 49
2 posts
Wannabee

hi brides

Post # 50
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I thought I was alone!!! 6/11/16 bride here! we’ve been engaged for 4 months now and I am DYING for time to fly by!!

Post # 51
639 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bridetobewilson:  You’re not alone! Hopefully we get our own boards soon! I’m dying too — we’ve been engaged since August 2013 (originally a May 2015 bride) and it’s going SO SLOW.

Post # 52
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
beeintraining:  Oh my gosh how have you done it!! Fiancee is already a little annoyed Cuz I am just diving into this planning.. i love it

Post # 53
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Boston Museum of Science

We went ering shopping together 3 weeks ago and he ordered teh ring last weekend (it’s being custom made) ๐Ÿ˜€ But, even before we went looking we decided that our month/year would be October 2016 ๐Ÿ™‚ I just ordered my 2 year wedding planner and I’m so excited to start planning! He even went and asked my dad already so anytime now the ring will be coming my way! 

Post # 54
17 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married in 2016, still settling on a date and venue (we’re thinking anywhere from June to October 2016).  I’m surprised (and a little scared!) that you bees are already starting to get concrete details nailed down.  Hopefully there will be some good dates/venues left by the time we get around to choosing!  I’m already starting to bother my mom and Fiance and trying to get their opinion on things like the guest list and outfits, and they keep telling me to relax because there’s so much time left. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 55
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Hi 2016 bees!

I was previously a September 2014 bride, but with my last and most difficult year of university fast approaching we decided to push it back until after my graduation so we can both enjoy the day instead of being stressed out! We haven’t set a date yet but are looking at either May or June of 2016. I already have a few things taken care of that I started on for my fall wedding, such as dress and bridesmaids so I’m feeling very relaxed and reassured this time around. I can’t wait for 2016!

Post # 56
639 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
bridetobewilson:  I’m a planner too, so it isn’t the worst thing. But it’s going so slow right now.

View original reply
Stimpak:  Yay. Another bride who pushed things for education ๐Ÿ˜‰ Originally, I was like — Oh I can totally do both, I don’t know why everyone is making such a big deal of a Master’s program and wedding planning. If you pick May, I’ll see you on the boards when they get created!

Post # 57
179 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
MrsBug:  I’m only gatering ideas….I don’t have anything concrete except for the date (6/17/16).

Post # 58
47 posts
Newbee

View original reply
beeintraining:  The only factor that worries me about a May wedding is the rain! We want to do an outdoor wedding at the family farm but spring weather is so unpredictable here. One day its beautiful and the next its cold and pouring rain. Bah I wish I could predict the future haha.

Post # 59
81 posts
Worker bee

We’re making it official in the spring, after he finishes his last important test of grad school. Infuriatingly, he won’t get the date of his test until January, and the test could be any time between February and April. I may end up popping the question myself, we’ll see ๐Ÿ™‚

But he’s given me the green light to start planning and we’ve settled on June 2016!  We have a favorite venue, but they won’t book until exactly one year in advance, so we can’t get the date or venue nailed down for sure yet. 

We’re both born & raised in California, but recently moved to Boston, so we’re planning long distance and we’ll have to check everything out in person and book it during a week-long trip shortly after we get engaged. I’m doing as much research as I can online and over the phone to narrow things down before then.

Forgive the rambling! I’m dying to talk about it, I can’t wait until the spring!!

Post # 60
36 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2019 - Santa Barbara County Courthouse

Hello everyone, so it finally happened to me, when mr.honey and I decided to get married we just picked a day on the calendar, no formal engagement no big proposal or ring. Then today I was buying a Cinnabon(I am semi addicted) and will have them served at my wedding, but I asked the girl who worked there about pricing and when she asked who for and I said myself she looked down at my hand and said oh really. .. lije where is your ring???Then she says I can’t wait till I get married( shes 19). I say enjoy your youth don’t be in such a hurry she ask my age i say 31, then she says OMG you still aren’t married!!!!! Ugh what a Thursday 

What I mean by it finally happened is i know some other brides were saying how people would not treat you like other engaged brides since you don’t have an engagement ring, and today it happened twice, at the Cinnabon and this bridal store today. Why do I have to get looks because a ring no big deal too me.

• This reply was modified 7 years ago by Samshoney.

The topic ‘Calling All 2016 Brides!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors