Calling all 2018 brides!!!

posted 3 years ago in Engagement
Post # 46
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

OMG! I legit posted on FB on January 1st saying how me and my FI’s wedding is technically next year!

We got engaged in December 2015. We booked out venue in January 2016, now a year has gone by and I have done nothing else!

Our date is October 20, 2018!

I finally ordered the gifts to “officially” ask my bridesmaids. Other then that I need to start researching and setting up appointments!

I got a little nervous after reading this post! After I booked our venue a year ago I just chilled! Lol

Post # 47
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2018

Jan 20th, 2018, here! πŸ™‚ We got engaged in August 2015 so I totally feel you with being able to say “OUR WEDOING IS NEXT YEAR” πŸ˜€

No one was really that excited for our planning either, and we got so many “oh that’s ages away”‘s. We booked our venue this time last year and we are so glad we did because every other venue we looked at recently (we were thinking of changing) is booked up for our date because it’s a long weekend. I make my final payment on my dress in March, and we have an appointment with the florist next week. Fiance bought his suit a couple of months ago and we even have the waistcoats and ties for the groomsmen. Safe to say we’ve both been pretty excited about the whole thing and just wanted to get things done asap πŸ˜›

Nothing wrong with being on top of things! Makes for less stress close to the day so you can sit back and relax πŸ™‚

Post # 52
770 posts
Busy bee

Me! We are getting married January 12 2018. We are eloping, just the two of us. We have the venue, registrar and photographer pencilled in. I’ve also just paid the deposit on my dress (eee!). Next week I need to make the appointment with the registrar to give our declarations (for sometime in March), and send some emails out to the florist and for the cake and the rings. That’s about all we have to do really since it’s so small. πŸ™‚ Honeymoon is the bigger issue as we are still not totally set on where!!! 

So excited to be able to post about the wedding now and not feel it’s a million miles away!!!! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 54
656 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2018

Anyone else February 17 2018? I’m mostly there I think. Venue, photographer, DJ, flowers, dress, hair/makeup, shoes and cake done. Still need to order bridesmaid dresses, organize the groomsmen clothing and think about favours….I feel like I’m missing stuff though lol. It’s been just a little too easy

Post # 55
285 posts
Helper bee

journeyfrommisstomrs :  doing gifts is all up to you ! My girls know  as well they are in it, it’s just something I want to do πŸ™‚

I do like having a long engagement because it’s not over load all at once! 

Post # 56
510 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Does anyone else keep checking their ‘countdown to the big day’ clock to see where they’re at…like it’s really gonna move any faster by doing so… laughing

I admit – i am so guilty!

468 days 14 hours 54 mins LOL!!!!

Post # 57
285 posts
Helper bee

bippidyboppidyboo :  

Oh my yes!

1 year 286 days 14 hours and 52 minutes LOL

Post # 60
207 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

2018 bride here πŸ™‚ we just got engaged last month. We have 4 venue appointments this month and I am hoping to secure a Spring(maybe Fall, I am having serious issues deciding) date πŸ™‚

Happy planning!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors