(Closed) Calling All August 2011 Brides!!

posted 8 years ago in August 2011
Post # 3
8 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married 08/20/2011 too! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 5
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hi ladies~ I am hoping for Aug 27th. We are meeting with the event coordinator at our site in March to tour the faclity and hopefully put down our deposit and secure our date. I went to the weddig fair in Minneapolis yesterday and feel like I am now possessed by a wedding demon! ๐Ÿ™‚ i am so excited. We are planning at small (75ish) wedding at the bluefin bay resort on lake superior. Beach ceremony, and reception in this room overlooking the lake. can’t wait.

Post # 6
57 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

After playing with dates for about 8 months the man candy and I have settled on August 6th of 2011 on the Chesapeake Bay at his family’s bay house.  We picked that day because Aug. 6th was the first time we went to the bay house together and it’s also my parent’s wedding anniversary!  We’re having a small (75-80) wedding and his grandfather is a minister so he will be our officiant. People have said we’re crazy for planning so far in advance, but I think it’s great!  We now have a year and a half to sort through all of the ideas we have racked up together from one year of being engaged to make sure we have the perfect wedding for us!  For example we have figured out that for our post-rehearsal dinner cocktail party we want to have a game themed night because we started dating over the card game “War”.

I will say though, after being engaged for a year now I just want to be married to my wonderful man!

Post # 7
8 posts
Newbee

jess1054–sorry for taking so long to respond, i’m new at the weddingbee boards!  we are about to book our venue this week and have booked a wedding planner. we’re planning from afar (living in midwest while fiance is in lawschool and wedding is on east coast)…hence the long engagement!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee

us too!! 8/20/11

Post # 9
30 posts
Newbee

Hi guys we get married on 20th August 2011 and I cant wait! I am so excited and nervous at the same time.  Have just started looking for wedding dresses.  I am not sure which colour scheme to go with as I have my eye on a Maggie Sottero light gold dress so will have to wait and see. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Post # 10
32 posts
Newbee

We’re getting married August 6, 2011. We grew up together, but on August 5, 2006 we went to a party together and spent the whole night hanging out, talking, had our first kiss. Then the next morning, August 6, I got up, went to church thinking WOW, this is something really special. On August 6, 2011 I’ll wake up, go to church, and marry my best friend.

Post # 11
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I know there isn’t a lot of chatter here…. but we set out date with the church & reception hall so I thought I’d welcome myself. August 27, 2011 ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 12
17 posts
Newbee

We’re on my maternal grandparents wedding anniversary of August 21 (us 2011, them 1937).  We’ll have it in rustic Vermont where we live and where my family is from and still currently lives.  Every single one of his family members is from out of state so we need to find a location that is convienent to their accomodation needs, but not too far for my family to travel from home.  We plan to make most of what we can possibly including picnic tables for our family style BBQ reception.  We’d like to make it simple on everyone by having the ceremony and reception at the same venue and both outside.  That’s what we’ve set in stone so far and look forward to chatting with you all in the 501 days to come!!

Post # 13
360 posts
Helper bee

Topsiders! We choose the same date August 6, 2011 (though its not set in stone yet) for almost the same reason – it was my grandparents’ anniversary ๐Ÿ™‚

As far as planning goes, I have almost everything decided as far as what we want (just have to book/reserve the places we’ve picked. Have close to all the cp supplies, bouquet alternatives (Cute folding fans!) and lots more! (what used to be our Christmas closet has become the wedding closet & theres still more wedding stuff all over the bookcases, etc.)

The only major thing left to decide/figure out is our officiant…but once we book the ceremony site, they have a list of recommended officiants so I’m hoping that will solve that dilemma.

Post # 14
202 posts
Helper bee

I’m an August 20, 2011 bride.  We got engaged 10.24.09.  We are having a long engagement because I’m a student (as well as working full time) and we wanted me to graduate before we got married.  We started planning in January and have a reception hall, a great photographer and have the guest list almost done.  It’s so hard to focus on school when all I want to do is wedding stuff!!! Laughing

Post # 15
202 posts
Helper bee

@HeatherAnne11, that is so awesome! It’s neat that you were able to plan your wedding date around your first kiss!

Post # 16
52 posts
Worker bee

Just booked our wedding for August 27, 2011.  It is two days before my birthday so definitely not my first choice of date but it was literally the only date open at the venue we wanted from May to November of 2011!  Already told Fiance that this does not mean I do not get two separate gifts….LOL!

The topic ‘Calling All August 2011 Brides!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors