(Closed) Calling all August 2013 BRIDES!!!

posted 6 years ago in August 2013
Post # 3
3769 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - Brookfield Zoo

Hi, welcome to the August 2013 boards! 

I don’t think it’s too early at all to go dress shopping.  Personally I already bought my dress, but I am usually very indecisive so the fact that I found one that I loved immediately meant I had to have it immediately, hehe. 

I already asked my bridesmaids/men already too, but I didn’t do anything fancy.. I already knew and basically asked them the day that I got engaged, when I was telling friends and family.  I wish I’d done something more interesting but glad it’s out of the way LoL.  Definitely post up the crafty cute way you ask yours!!

Post # 5
3769 posts
Honey bee

@Future-Mrs.C:  What style of dress are you looking for??

Here’s a pic of my dress, on the model not me 😉  I had the frill and applique at the top removed, though, and I need to find a good sash for it!

Post # 6
750 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Hey there! I think you can start looking for a dress…I will probably start looking in about a month or two. Right now all I have done is the first-pass guest list, chosen the colors, and chosen the wedding party. I had a venue picked out but it isn’t going to work anymore…so I’m on the hunt for the perfect location right now.

@elysion:  yah pretty much the day I was engaged we already asked our best man and maid of honor, too lol. Nothing special here, either.

Post # 7
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We have the venue reserved, and that’s about it!  Well, and I finished doing a spreadsheet for my guestlist, so now I’m waiting for Fiance to do that too.  I think once we have a ballpark figure, we can start figuring out other stuff.  I’ve also designed the STD cards.  Oh, and I have a wedding binder and a million pictures!!!  I have tons of DIY ideas that I can’t WAIT to get started on, but it’s still so early and a lot can change, so I’m trying not to jump the gun. 

One of my bridesmaids already knew she was in, since we were about 14 years old! The second one I haven’t told yet, since I want to “propose” to her on her birthday!!! I think I’m going to make a puzzle for her on zazzle, with maybe a picture of the two of us and the “proposal”.  And the third bridesmaid I’m really glad I hadn’t asked yet, since I’ve decided not to have her anymore after she caused a lot of drama at my engagement party. (I actually started the party off in tears!  Good thing I’m learning about this now!!!) 

Post # 8
3769 posts
Honey bee

@kkish3:  well actually I’ve asked all of my bridesmaids/men, and Fiance has yet to ask ANY of his groomsmen!!  We asked a friend to officiate a couple of weeks ago but we still have no groomsmen, I don’t know why he is putting it off.. LoL.

Post # 9
750 posts
Busy bee

@elysion:  lol yepp my Fiance would not have done it by now either…so I did it for him hahaha. Well, I guess I should say I just facilitated it, I of course asked him who he wanted and then adjusted slightly to make it work. We are only having 3 BMs/GMs each so it wasn’t too elaborate or tricky for us. We decided on blood-related siblings only and 1 best friend…which equalled out nicely!

Post # 10
3296 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

We’ve got the dress, the invites, the venue, a flower girl, and a best man. I haven’t figured out my maids yet, but soon!

Post # 11
371 posts
Helper bee

@Future-Mrs.C:  It’s never too early to start looking, even when you think you know what you want; it took four months for me to find the dress I fell in love with, and another four for it to arrive once it was ordered.

We have our venue, photographer & DJ booked, and the bridal party has been pretty much settled from the beginning; then again, I’ve known all my girls for at least a decade (if not longer) so there was never really any question… Stationary figured out but not yet ordered.  It’s slowly coming together.

Post # 12
67 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

I’ve been dress shopping and it’s a good job I started early because it took months to find the one. Despite thinking beforehand that I knew exactly what I wanted. I’m waiting till next Jan / Feb to order it though because they do sales then and it might be cheaper.

We’re making nearly everything ourselves so we’re trying to get a head start and get as much done as possible this year to take the load off next year.

I asked my Maid/Matron of Honor almost immediately but held off for a while till asking my bridesmaids. Things happen with people and I wanted to be absolutely sure. It’s terrible to have to un-ask someone but easier not to ask them in the first place.

Post # 13
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I have a lot done already, but that’s just because we were preparing for a 2012 wedding up until a few days ago when we decided to postpone for one year.

Post # 14
11233 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Aside from the DIY projects I’m doing, I have pretty much every thing done. In fact, my dress came in today.

Post # 15
3296 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2013 - An amazing non-profit retreat

I’m so freaking excited LOL

Post # 16
757 posts
Busy bee

I am August 10, 2013! So far we have the church, reception venue, and last weekend I bought a dress. It was supposed to be just to look but I fell in love with it and it was on sale. Oh I also have my one attendant and Fiance has his one attendant organized. our flower girls and ring bearers are our nieces and nephews so decided but not formally asked. It still feels so far away!

The topic ‘Calling all August 2013 BRIDES!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors