(Closed) Calling all bees who spent less than $1000 on flowers!

posted 7 years ago in Flowers
Post # 17
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@Kelly_mac:  thank you! It was an amazing day!

Post # 18
183 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I only spent 500 but had wayyy more flowers than I needed, I didn’t even use them all 🙁 but I got garden roses and seeded eucalyptus from fifty flowers, anod these mountain bouquet arrangements and white roses and hydrangea from Costco. we made everything and they were soooo beautiful! The succulents I grew myself (Photos are copyright wren photography)

Post # 19
753 posts
Busy bee

I had 3 bouquets that were massive, 2 corsages and 9 bouts I believe. All for $380. We did fake flowers for the centerpieces. It was a dw and no wedding planner so we did the centerpieces so I knew what they’d look like ahead of time. 

I have pics on my laptop that I can show you if you want to see

Post # 20
288 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

View original reply
@lolot:  Oh my gosh! Your dad is amazing. Due to our COLD Canadian Prairie winter, this option is completly out for me… although I’d love to!

Post # 21
288 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

Ours are $970.

That includes my bouquet, 2 bridesmaids bouquets and a TON of centrepiece flowers.  The bouquets alone are $500, which was way more than I wanted to spend, but I shopped around, and it is what it is, and I don’t think I want to attempt DIY there.

We also decided no bouts or corsages.  

For the flowers, we are ordering over 200 roses, 60 hydrangeas, 60 mums and greenery to put in vases for centrepieces and decor.

Post # 22
4045 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Ours will probably end up being right around $1,000, so it’s doable to not blow the whole budget on floral!

I am paying quite a bit for the bouquets and whatnot from a florist, but we’re saving big on centerpieces. My SIL is brilliant at arrangements, so we’re ording all our own materials, and she is assembling it for free. We’re getting manzanita branches, succulents, cotton, and purple stock for the centerpieces. It should only be a few hundred in total because they won’t be extravegant.

Basically, my SIL asked us, “Do you remember what flowers I had at my wedding [in 2008]?” When my mother and I couldn’t answer she said that was exactly why we need not spend a fortune. It looks nice, and it’s worth having, but we’re not blowing all our money on floral.

Post # 23
381 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I spent 500 and change. We got my bouquet, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, 7 bouts, like, almost 1000 rose petals for the centerpieces and aisle, and some individual stems for the centerpieces. We did it at our local grocery store (it was a kroger, but we got a similar quote at Safeway). I am SO glad we did that, rather than go to a florist, they did all the set up, delivery, everything was BEAUTIFUL, and it was SO much cheaper than it could have been. 

Here are my girls’ bouquets 

My bouquet 

And our aisle 

Post # 24
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We spent $212 on hydrangeas from Costco. I think we got 60-70 stems total?

Post # 25
603 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

No pictures yet since our wedding has yet to happen, but our total is a little less than $840. This includes a bridal bouquet, 2 Bridesmaid or Best Man bouquets, 9 bouts, and 4 large arrangements for the ceremony. She’s also throwing in a toss bouquet for free. 

Post # 26
511 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
@lolot:  that made me cry a little. How sweet!

Post # 27
634 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@lolot: 

Yes.

YES!

“mason jars from canning”

YESSSSSS.

Also, your dad is entirely too cute.

Post # 28
2552 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
@lolot:  oh my goodness! That is so meaningful! I love it.

Post # 29
60 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I dont have pictures as my wedding date hasnt passed yet, but we spent about $400 on red, pink, yellow and white roses and got about 300 roses in total from our local growers market. We found them a few weeks prior to the wedding, and ordered hundreds and picked them up two days before the wedding, and were just keeping them in buckets of ice in a cool room for the day and a half until they come out. They will just be arranged in mason jars, and vases throughout the reception, and some on chairs lining the aisles.

We also spent $100 and bought fake bouquets for the Bride and Maid of Honor off Ebay and bought all loose fake flowers from craft places (like spotlight if your an Aussie bee) and made them ourselves. It was super easy, and i didnt have to worry about them dying! 

All up it was $600 for all that, and was way easier than a florist!

Post # 31
183 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@gromble:  it’s actually a succulent that I spray painted gold! Since the colors I did were ivory and gold!

The topic ‘Calling all bees who spent less than $1000 on flowers!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors