(Closed) Calling all bees who spent less than $1000 on flowers!

posted 7 years ago in Flowers
Post # 62
2457 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@MexiPino:  My best friend worked the same farmer’s market as him for years; he gave us a good deal and let us go to the warehouse where they cut and prep the flowers before the market. I don’t know if you could get the same deal, but you might be able to talk to them about it 🙂

Post # 64
529 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
@StephieBee:  Can you send me the info for the wholesale W.H. you went to? I’m close enough to LA to do the same thing and I was on the fence until I saw your pixs. How far in advance did you buy and put these together? How did you store them?

Sorry for all the questions!

Post # 65
2457 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
@KittyCatToe:  Lemme grab the info from my best friend. I can’t recall the exact name; she would know for sure. I *think* the guy is from the Glendale Farmer’s Market. As for the other flower info, I wrote up a post a while back. I know it’s long (sorry) but it has a lot of info. About halfway down the second page is where I start posting info about how we did stuff. If you have further questions, I am 100% down to answer them, just let me know. 🙂

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/my-diy-bouquet-and-centerpiece-trial-pics/page/2#axzz2lQQKcOdC

Basic answers to your questions though: we got them the day before the wedding and put them together then. Took them to the venue that night and they stored them in their fridges for us. 🙂

Post # 66
192 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@beachbride1216:  I am going to be getting roses from Sams Club as well. How many days before your wedding did you have them delivered? 

Post # 67
9129 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2013 - St. Augustine Beach, FL

View original reply
@anneh1990:  I had them delivered on Thursday for my Saturday wedding.  I would not have wanted them delivered any earlier.  You may want to have them delivered on Friday if you want the buds to be tighter.  The only thing I would have changed about my flowers is that I would have put together my centerpieces the night before the wedding because the flowers opened up more overnight and were really beautiful and full the day after the wedding.  My bouquets were perfect being made the morning of the wedding.

Oh, and make sure to read the directions before opening the flower wraps because you’re supposed to hydrate them for an hour before cutting the wraps off.  I don’t think it made a big difference but I didn’t notice the instruction until after I had already opened the wraps.

Post # 68
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
@lolot:  That is so sweet!!  What an awesome dad you have!!

Post # 69
1570 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

We are spending about 100 bucks on flowers.

We are rolling artificial maple leaves and sticks into maple leaf roses and putting cute little accents in it. They should all look like this.

100 will cover 1 bridal bouquet 5 Bridesmaid or Best Man Bouquets, and 8 boutineers. We will add some little roses possibly to the alter.

Post # 70
529 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@StephieBee:  Thank you. love that you linked all the tutorials as well. This has been extremely helpful. 

Post # 71
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We spent about $900 if you include our centerpieces.

We did submerged orchids for our centerpieces, DIY’ed them, and used fake orchids from Target that we found on clearance (it involved running to like 10 different Target stores, but we did it! Probably could’ve done it online easier, haha). 

We used a high end grocery store rather than regular florist for our other flowers.  We spent about $650 for my bouquet +5 BM’s, DH’s bout + 5GM’s and 4 or 5 others, plus 5 or 6 corsages, plus a couple other random single flowers.  My bouquet was dinner-plate sized, the girls’ were salad plate sized. I made sure to choose flowers that gave a lot of boom for the buck; carnations and spider mums, plus a few blue orchids for mine and DH.  The corsages were all carnations, as were the bouts.  I personally don’t like roses, but they’re another one that gives good size for the cost as long as you steer clear of designer colors.

I had spoken with a few florists, and using the grocery store gave us all the quality and freshness for about 1/3 of the price, we just had to pick them up the day of rather than getting them delivered.

Post # 72
737 posts
Busy bee

I spent $60 on flowers – cut them all from mine or friend’s homes.  Then took them to a florist who arranged them all beautifully and added in a few “cottage mix” flowers.  I didn’t want any foreign grown flowers, so they were mostly local.  Also, my hubby and I made 300 coffee filter flowers, and I used them to line the aisle (planned to reuse them after that, but a brief downpour foiled those plans and left my hubby distraught after all his hard work!!!)

Post # 73
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

View original reply
@antisocialite:  Would you mind showing a photo of your star wars vases? My finace is a high Marvel fan and I’m trying to some how incorporate that into the wedding but not sure how to do it. I love your idea! 

Post # 74
4012 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I did the flowers myself for $500. It included my bouquet, 4 Bridesmaid or Best Man, 2 mothers bouquets, 12 bouts, 12 aisle markers, 5 mini arrangements for cocktail tables, 12 centerpieces, 2 alter baby’s breath balls, and around 8 misc. arrangements for cake table/ welcome table ect.

Post # 75
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

225$ for buckets of dahlias, roses, and hydrangeas from the wholesale flower market.  50$ gift card to the friend of a friend who came over to direct us in proper arrangements and make the bridal bouquet.  Love hydrangeas because they look so fluffy and full. 

Post # 76
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@gromble:  We spent about $600 on our flowers. To cut down the cost, we assembled everything except our four bouquets and three boutonnieres. Plus, we didn’t order any specific flowers―we just told our florist our colors and told her to get whatever was cheap!

We ended up ordering too many (we really had no good way to judge how many we needed), so we were able to put flowers everywhere plus make something for our stage. 🙂 All we have are guest photos right now, but I’ll share some! Here’s my bouquet sitting next to our stage decor, which we had moved to sit in front of the reception venue:

This is a picture of it actually on the stage (you can see some of the bouquets and boutonnieres there, too):

Some of our centerpieces and things:

The picture above was taken the night before, hence the cooler full of flowers, lol.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we had about 50 or 60 people at the reception, but were expecting quite a few more and our venue had mismatched tables, which is why we ordered so many flowers. If we’d had an accurate number and had known how many tables we’d need, we probably would have spent quite a bit less. Although, I was actually quite pleased because I love fresh flowers, plus it meant way more went to Hospice afterward.

The topic ‘Calling all bees who spent less than $1000 on flowers!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors