(Closed) Calling all bees who spent less than $1000 on flowers!

posted 7 years ago in Flowers
Post # 77
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

We spent $460. $416 included one bride bouquet, three bridesmaids, 7 bouts, and two corsages. The other $48 was for centerpieces. We bought white hydrangeas from a local grocery store, and used 2 stems per jar and it looked so perfect!

Post # 78
731 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

We ordered realtouch flowers from “LoveFlowers” in Australia! They are gorgeous and we only spent $500 and now we can sell them afterward 🙂

Post # 79
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We will have oodles and oodles of flowers, probably for less than $500.

Ceremony: in a park so we only need bouquets. Buying flowers from a wholesaler, and a friend is making the bouquets.

Reception: we will have neutral coloured fillers from my garden and Future Mother-In-Law garden (we don’t have large gardens, but between us already have a nice range of wildflowers), and will buy accent flowers in our colour scheme from the wholesale store. We’re using a range of flower types, and generally whatever is in season in the colours we want so its really affordable, compared to using only roses or peonies (I only recently discovered what a peony is!). Making vases out of wine bottles to show them off for free 🙂

Post # 80
11369 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: City, State

I spent about $400, but we had a very small wedding with no bridal party.  The florist did a fantastic job with that budget.

My bouquet was beautiful, we had flowers on pedastels at the altar, heavy on the mums because they’re cheap.  My centerpieces were gorgeous martini glasses with a beautiful orchid in each one– our theme was old Palm Prings.  The glasses came from ebay.  My bouquet was put into service as the flower arrangement at our table after the ceremony in a beautiful vase, also from ebay, originally from Belarus– real crystal.

So it worked fine for us.

Post # 81
354 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Carrielicious:  Sure! We ordered these on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Darice-VL1162-11-Lapel-Braid-Silver/dp/B001689P56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385926532&sr=8-1&keywords=vase+pin

and these: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Molded-Party-Rings/dp/B001R0HOII/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385926552&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+rings

And hot glued the rings on. The florist glued the flowers in for us so they were the right height. We used Stephanotis because it looks like stars!

Post # 82
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2014

View original reply
@lolot:  That’s such a smart idea! And your dad is the cutest thing ever!

Post # 83
235 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

I got a quote for about 500 on my flowers and that includes all the bouquets, boutineers, altar flowers and reception decor flowers.  All my pew flowers for the church and centerpiece flowers are all going to be fake so that saves me some money.  My friend who got married did the same thign and honestly she said it’s the best way to save money because half the people didn’t even know her centerpiece flwoers were fake!

Post # 84
1030 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@gromble:  Spent 500. But that is also because my husbands cousin did them for us – so we only paid the wholesale cost of the flowers. 

Post # 85
2484 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I spent 10

to buy wire.

i made my

flowers out of

sheet music 

craft paper

dracula book

and an old college text book 

Post # 87
463 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
@StephieBee:  WAIT did you do a Dr Who theme?!?

Post # 88
3025 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2014 - Prague

View original reply
@housebee:  I LOVE those asian boxes with the pretty floral print that are holding the flowers on your arch. Where did you get them?

Post # 89
4012 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@mrsjordan53014:  I used a wholesale flower shop here in Austin!

Post # 90
3196 posts
Sugar bee

My mom ordered them from somewhere like fifty flowers and arranged them for us. They were about $850

Post # 91
Hostess
8574 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m getting my flowers from sams club as well.. they have packages that include all the bouquets & corsages for a very affordable price.. then we’ll just order bulk roses as make our own centerpieces.

The package I am looking at is like $275, and then the bulk roses are around $100 or maybe a little cheaper.

The topic ‘Calling all bees who spent less than $1000 on flowers!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors