(Closed) Calling all crafty bees …

posted 7 years ago in Decor
Post # 3
290 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Cascading ruffles like that are made by cutting ring or donut shapes out of fabric. The inner edge is the length of the ruffle, and the other edge makes the curl you like so much. 

Here’s a couple links that may help, and explain it better than I can:



The fabric in those pictures is some form of organza, I’m guessing a fairly cheap sort. I wouldn’t go for tulle (despite it being cheaper) since it won’t create the same drape. If you use fray-stop, no need to hem the edges! Try a couple different sized circles to get the degree of curl that you want, and sew a couple together if you need more length.

A project like that isn’t too hard, just time-intensive. If it’s too daunting, what about just creating two for your and your FI’s chairs?

Post # 5
7779 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

You cut it in spirals. 🙂

Post # 6
2100 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

You blow the budget and rent them from WIldflower Linen 🙂 http://www.wildflowerlinens.com/

Thought about it but am doing pearl swags instead

Post # 7
2891 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Would it be awful to do this only for the head table? Then I could have that amazing pic without the expense.

Post # 8
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@unixfairy: OMG that website….those linens… SWOON


Post # 9
860 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

omg i am so going to do this for the head table!

Post # 10
1697 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

wow SO pretty! I have looked at hundreds of pics and have nevr seen these!!! oh no! i am a DIY’er and now i soooooooo want theeeeeeeeeese!

The topic ‘Calling all crafty bees …’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors