- 4 months ago
- Wedding: October 2017
Hi Ladies! I am here to update you on the progress I’ve made on DIY projects for my upcoming October 2017 wedding. Just two months ago, I created a post panicking about only having 5 months to go the wedding, and basically having none of my DIY projects even started. Now, it’s THREE months until my wedding (I cannot believe how fast time is flying) and progress is being made! Finally!! The goal is for me to be finished with all projects by the end of September, since I don’t want to be stressed out a few weeks before the wedding.
Here is my original project list with a status update next to each one, and then…some fun pictures below! Enjoy!! xoxo
1. Invitations, Calligraphy and Wax Seal – DONE. By the time I calculated the time and stress it would be for me to create and print my own invites, and then hand address them…I aborted the mission, and bought invites from Etsy from an amazing seller for a great price!. Calligraphy has also been purchased from Etsy. Just waiting on them to deliver back to me. So excited!!
2. Website & Registry – DONE!
3. Floral Arch for Ceremony – In Progress: Project was reassigned to my crafty aunt who wanted to take up the challenge! Have at it Auntie!! Love you forever. I’m happy to have this off my DIY to do list, and on hers.
4. -6 All Ceremony Setup / Reception Backdrop Setup – laying out chairs, ironing covers & bows, laying out programs, etc for ceremony and backdrops setup for reception – Not Started: I removed programs from the list. Not necessary! The ceremony will be 15 minutes max – I figure guests can follow along, or if they are lost…the wedding will be over by the time they catch up.
Unfortunately, the rest cannot be started until a few days prior.
7. All Reception (Food) Setup – setting out tables, ironing tablecloths and ribbons, setting up catering items – DONE! Changed catering companies to one that includes all setup and cleanup…anything related to their tables, food, cutlery will be handled by them. Off my to do list! Yessss!!
8. Reserved Seating Signs for Ceremony – DONE! Once again, the thought of having to use a ruler to cut out the paper for the signs, and align everything made me very happy to purchase 4 reserved signs just for the parents / grandparents. Money well spent. It’s shipping to me right now.
9. Aisle Tie off for Ceremony – Discarded. I decided this was not needed and the execution started to make my brain hurt (how was I going to tie them around non-chiavari chairs), so I removed it from my Pinterest board and my list of projects. Onto the next!
10. Cards & Gifts Box – DONE!
11. Gold Frames and votives (for centerpieces). And floral arrangements also. – DONE! All centerpiece items are done. Floral arrangements will be completed the morning of with flowers from the local grocery store or Costco.
12. Picture Slideshow DVD – Discarded: By the time we got all of the pictures gathered and decided on the music, I asked what video was for. My mom told me it was for 5 minutes…just while FI and I would be gettig in position to be introduced as the newly married “Mr. & Mrs. Bluecutie00.” All of that work for 5 minutes? FAIL. I removed this from the list, but I was happy to get some pictures of baby FI.
13. Cake Stand – DONE!
14. Bride & Groom Flutes and Cake Serving Set – DONE! And DONE!