(Closed) Calling All Medical Professional Bees!

posted 8 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
3344 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Your kid’s birth certificate will have both the mother and father’s names on it.  You could keep a copy in your purse/wallet.

Post # 4
46675 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I have worked in ER 20 years. We have never had a problem with a parent having a different last name than the child. That is very common place these days.

Post # 5
336 posts
Helper bee

@JoJo Bananas: the birth certificate suggestion is not a bad one, but i’ve always thought it’s a pretty bad idea to carry around something like that all the time. my mom for some reason kept me and my brother’s SS cards with her years ago and her purse got stolen. its been years and since no activity has shown up im hoping they just got lost/destroyed along the way, but i still constantly check my credit reports and things like that in case anyone has used the information.

Post # 6
5822 posts
Bee Keeper

I worked in an ER as well.  We NEVER asked for proof.  If you say you’re the wife/mother, then you sign in (like anyone else has to) and go see them.

I wouldn’t recommend carrying documents with you that compromise identity.  If you lose a copy of your kid’s birth certificate it could be 18 years before they find out someone else has stolen their identity and ruined their credit.

Post # 8
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

I work in medical field and have never experienced that happening either nor has it happened to me since I now have a different last name than my son.

Post # 9
7081 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2009

I’m a pediatric hospitalist and have never once asked a parent to prove who they were.

Post # 10
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I have never asked for proof from a parent/mate either. You should be fine.

The topic ‘Calling All Medical Professional Bees!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors