(Closed) Calling all October 2012 Brides!! We are almost 5 months out!!!

posted 6 years ago in October 2012
Post # 3
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@arametta127:  I feel the same way!  Time is flying by sooo fast, next thing you know we’re all married!  

I want to say about 85-90% of the wedding is already done/planned.  Just have a few minor DIY projects that I’m working on.  The biggest thing left is picking out music for everything.  We have an idea, but still need to finalize, especially for the reception music!  And since you mentioned dress alterations, I guess that’s added to the list as well.  The alterations will get done in August and I’ll also be having my hair and makeup trial in May or June hopefully, once my veil comes in!  Other than a few minor things, we’re almost done!  Yay!!  I’m so excited and can’t wait to finally be married! πŸ™‚

Post # 4
9482 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@arametta127:  Date twin!  I’m doing okay with my progress.  I’m officially freaking out though.

Post # 5
907 posts
Busy bee

We have all the big stuff except the caterers which we are lookimg at 5 proposals this week and deciding. Super super excited thou I find myself more emotional than usual.

Post # 6
7339 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

I’m still doing ok (I think lol)… we have alot done already. Now I’m working on all the little things to be done. I can’t believe how fast time flew by!!!

Post # 7
871 posts
Busy bee

What’s done or booked:

• venue for ceremony and reception- deposit paid
  • menu decided (in venue cost)
  • accoustic duo for reception
  • dress and shoes
  • celebrant
  • photographer
  • guest list
  • invitations (sample done, needs a few tweeks and to be ordered)

I still need:

• Cake
  • hair & make up booking (doing this week)
  • veil and jewellry
  • flowers
  • decor for tables
  • stairs decoration
  • transport
  • Chase up ceremony musician
  • decide on decor for ceremony
  • rings
  • suits for boys
  • bridemaid dresses and shoes

I’m sure there is stuff I’ve forgotten too…

Post # 8
62 posts
Worker bee

What has been completed: – Reception venue (paid!) – Church reserved (paid) – Caterer booked (paid half already unless we have to add more ppl) – Photographer booked (deposit only) – Dress bought (pick up Friday!) – Shoes,veil, and hairpiece bought – DJ booked – Cake booked – Florist booked (deposit only) – Officiant booked – Bridesmaids dresses are in – Bought part of BM’s gifts – Bought parents gifts – Save the dates sent – Ordered invitation prints last week – Groom/Groomsmens tuxes picked out – Table linens and chair covers bought Things left to do: – Dress alterations – Make strawberry and peach jam favors – Assemble invitations – Book rehearsal dinner caterer – Book honeymoon hotel – Rehearsal dinner invites – Buy garter, toasting flutes and unity candle – Finish BM’s gifts – Pick out groomsmens gifts – Buy alcohol for reception – Get Smores bar supplies – Build old barnwood boxes for centerpieces And now I’m feeling completely stressed out looking at all the stuff I have left to do!

Post # 10
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m so excited — I realized that we’re almost 5 months out the other day and was hopping around the house like a crazy lady.  Haha, I love having an iPhone — wedding countdown apps are the best.  I have one that counts it down to the second we get married.  Love it =]

We still have to do the following:

1. Book a DJ (considering booking a violinist for outside and a DJ for reception)
  2. Wedding favors
  3. Finalize menu
  4. Try wedding cake flavors and sign with a bakery
  5. Pick out wedding flowers and sign with a florist
  6. Find wedding shoes since I think mine will be too tall
  7. Have my groom pick tuxes out
  8. Order bridesmaid dresses
  9. Order flower girl dresses
  10. Finishing paying off the venue (almost done)
  11. Pick out bridal party gifts
  12. Mail save the dates (they’re on their way now…and will go out early next week)
  13. Pick a dang invitation (why is this so hard?)
  14. Get the stuff to DIY our guestbook, card box, and whatever else we decide to DIY lol…
  15. Wedding dress alterations/have the comb added to my veil 

I’d list all of the things we have done but I’m strung out over what we have to do still now.  Fudge monkies =( lol I have a feeling we’re missing some stuff too.  I dunno *goes to collapse*  

Post # 11
17 posts
Newbee

@arametta127:  

Yay, Oct 13!!!  Wishing you a beautifully fun day!  Excellent, you’ve been super busy … here’s where we are:

• Venue (included catering, bar, etc – booked June 2011)
  • Ceremony Music booked!
  • DJ (booked Nov 2011)
  • Florist (booked March 2012)
  • Centerpieces (DIY! Collecting all of the parts, beginning to assemble!)
  • Venue Decor/Rentals (incl linens, chargers – ongoing since Jan 2011, but we’re done!)
  • Photographer (booked Sept. 2011)
  • Dress (bought Oct 2011)
  • Dress bridal sash (bought Apr 2012)
  • Reception shoes (I’m a shoe gal! Bought Jan 2011)
  • STD’s (wedding website up and running Fall 2011)
  • Tuxes for guys
  • Bridesmaid dresses fitted, ordered, and material purchased Jan 2011
  • Mama-of-the-Bride dress bought! (yay mama! She bought it yesterday!)
  • Hair appts booked!
  • Make-up appt booked!  Going through trials now with different artists
  • Engagement session photos booked May! (it’s just the time that worked out!)
  • Limo/transportation (booked Jan 2012)
  • Mini-Moon weekend! (booked Feb 2012)
  • Part of bridal party gifts purchased
  • Veil (bought April 2012)

What we still need:

• Partial Bridal party gifts
  • Cake (I’ve emailed a baker, my mama is a foodie and the only thing she really wants to have input on for the wedding is this baker … but, the baker keeps giving me the run around and I finally spoke to her about a time to meet b/c she called me house looking for my mom to cover a shift at work … they also work together at another store… is this weird?  Or, still too early to be worrying about it?)
  • Shoes and Hair accessories
  • Alterations for my dress (booked for July)
  • Invitations (meeting this month with cousins studying design/art to help us DIY/desing/order)
  • Wedding bands (we’re having a hard time with this one … Fiance surprised me with my engagement ring … can’t seem to find a band that fits with it! HELP!)
  • Day of timeline
  • Figure out ceremony music with musicians
  • Ceremony readings
  • Finialize wedding favours (doing a donation to two charities, but preparing a small favour for each place setting with a tag indicating the charity)

Still lots to do, but I think we’re all in the same boat! Keep on going! It’s getting close!

Post # 12
1418 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Things that are DONE:

– Venue

– Guestlist

– Officiant

– Dress

– Veil

– Make up artist

– Photographer & Videographer

– DJ

– Ceremony musician

– Centerpieces

– STD (mailed out last month)

– Finalized Menu choices

– MOB Dress bought

– Invitation contract signed & dep. (final decisions to be made soon)

– Place cards designed (need to be ordered later, obviously)

– 3/5 Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses ordered

– FI’s wedding band

– BM gifts

– Groomsmens’ gifts

Still need to do:

– Florist (these appts never end… one this week, another next week… already been to about 5 appointments!!!!)

– Get my wedding band (probably in August)

– Tux/Suits for Groomsmen

– 2/5 Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses to be ordered

– Shoes, Bridal jewelry

Currently working on:

– Hotel Block

– Invitations (finalizing)

– Table Numbers

– Hair Stylist

– Limo

It never ends! Makes me feel better to add things to the “Done” list!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 13
1095 posts
Bumble bee

This is slightly depressing…

DONE

• venue
  • wedding band
  • my dress
  • bridesmaid dresses
  • caterer
  • hair & makeup
  • photographer (on the verge of booking)

TO DO

• flowers & centerpieces
  • invitations
  • hotel room
  • favors
  • bridal party gifts
  • groom’s tux & accessories
  • my shoes and accessories
  • decor
  • shower hostesses’ gifts
  • honeymoon

Post # 14
34 posts
Newbee

Luckily my to-do list is more just little details at this point than anything!

ETA: I realize the honeymoon isn’t really a little detail ha but we aren’t sure if we can take it right after the wedding or not. I suppose I should have said our contracts and bookings are out of the way!

to do:

• favors

• table numbers

• wedding bands

• tuxes

• place cards

• dress alterations

• hair trial/makeup trial

• guest book

• wedding party gifts

• honeymoon

done:

• venue

• food

• dress/veil/accessories

• photographer

• Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (they are picking their own so i’m saying this is done ha)

• dessert (donuts and cookies)

• DJ

• florist

• Save-The-Date Cards (mailed out long time ago)

• invitations (just approved proof today!)

• hotel blocks

• officiant (my fiance’s grandma)

Yay for getting things out of the way early!

Post # 15
84 posts
Worker bee

Done: venue booked,  guest list, dress bought, wedding bands bought, veil bought, shoes bought, accessories bought, flower girl basket and ring bearer pillow made, leaves instead of rose petals for flower girl bought, flutes, garter, and unity candle and unity candler holder are all bought, table runner bought, (table clothes provided by venue), plates, cups, napkins, silverware bought, centerpieces bought, fingerprint tree (being made), wipes and ink are purchased, photographer paid, cake and cupcakes flavors picked out and paid for, bm dresses and shoes are purchased, bouquets, bouts, and corsages are made/purchased, card box is made, bride/groom sign made, photo line made, invitation sample is made ( just gota finalize time of ceremony then i can start crankin’ those babies out!) food is picked out.. just have to contact them

NOT Done: Have to make bm survival kits and buy their cardigans (its their gifts) along with gm survival kits (also gifts), have to make smores on a stick (favors), makeup/hair trial, dress alterations, gm and grooms attire needs purchased, cake stand needs made, food labels need made (so people know what flavor cupcakes, sandwhiches, ect.) diy music needs figured out, need to purchase pens for fingerprint tree, no seating chart sign needs made, memorial needs made, fingerprint tree instructions sign needs made, easles for all these signs need bought, flower girl and ring bearer attire needs purchased, officiant needs picked, marriage license… PANICK MODE!!! πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Calling all October 2012 Brides!! We are almost 5 months out!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors