- 8 years ago
- Wedding: May 2011
I saw secrets maroma listed as a place several of you plan on going so I looked it up and LOVE it! We are really considering on spending our honeymoon there but I’ve got a few questions.
I’m wondering if the preffered rooms are really that much better? With my research I’ve found that the only real difference is that they have a soaking tub on the balcony and of course the location of the room. What is the preferred lounge and it’s amenities like? Also I noted that if we go preferred we get a free honeymoon package (normally $899) with the following:
* Champagne on arrival
* Fresh flowers and exotic fruit platter in room upon arrival
* Champagne breakfast in bed the first morning after arrival
* Tension Release Massage for two in our couple massage suite (25 minutes)
* Choice of either a European Facial or a Salt Glow Scrub body treatment for two (25 minutes)
* Private beachfront dinner one evening- upon return from dinner you will find a romantic candlelit path. (includes a bottle of wine and dinner for two)
* Private petit fours each evening at turn down service
* Earn Free Nights towards a first anniversary return stay
The cheapest rate I’ve found for preferred club ocean view 7 days (may 11 -18) is $3805 for the two of us including airfare and tax (through both hotels.com and expedia). A regular ocean view room is $3230…. a difference of $575. Worth it or not?
Anyone seen lower rates than this? Maybe through a travel agent?
What buildings are best to request for both preferred and non preferred?
Any other information/tips you can share about the resort, preferred club, the resort activities, good excursions away from the resort, ect. would be very much appreciated!!! Thanks!!
ps anyone else going to be there at the same time? (May 11 – 18)