(Closed) Calling all TAX EXPERT bees!

posted 6 years ago in Married Life
Post # 3
747 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Husband and wife do not claim each other. You would both file together as married filing jointly (MFJ). If you are married I would definately file MFJ the tax benefits are better for you both and once you have kids it’s even better.

Post # 4
4337 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I think only dependents can be claimed and a spouse doesn’t count as a dependent for taxes (you file jointly, if you wish, but you’re not dependents like children or elderly parents are), so you should be eligible for the HSA account.

The topic ‘Calling all TAX EXPERT bees!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors